Jewelry

Options
beagletracks
beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
edited October 2020 in Chit-Chat
Let's talk jewelz.

I have a hard time finding jewelry I like. I really only wear earrings — silver/steel/platinum, hoops or drops.

I'd love to know what kind of jewelry you like and where you find it! Here are a couple of pieces I found online that I like, but they're too expensive for me (about $300 per pair).

yyzxl8ownhsi.png

2i8tn6db49s9.png

Recommend, discuss, and/or show off your favorite pieces of jewelry here.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Try Kohls if you have one nearby. They have some middle quality brands that aren't super expensive but hold up better than the really cheap stuff. Sometimes Silpada has some nice pieces, but they are pretty expensive :/
  • beagletracks
    Options
    Try Kohls if you have one nearby. They have some middle quality brands that aren't super expensive but hold up better than the really cheap stuff. Sometimes Silpada has some nice pieces, but they are pretty expensive :/

I do often find inexpensive and fairly unique steel jewelry I like at Kohl's! I'll check Silpada. Thank you!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    my favorite set I have is this one (this is from silpada):

2cbkef8q9s3b.png

probably my most worn jewelry set the past 3-4 years. I used to wear alot of pearls, but not as much anymore
  • beagletracks
    Options
    my favorite set I have is this one (this is from silpada):

2cbkef8q9s3b.png

probably my most worn jewelry set the past 3-4 years. I used to wear alot of pearls, but not as much anymore

Love these!
  • beagletracks
    Options
    I love jewelry. I wear mostly white gold or platinum pieces. My husband usually has pieces made for me by a couple we met at a gem and mineral show (my hubs is a geologist). The husband is a stone cutter and the wife is a metalsmith. They make fantastic one of a kind pieces below retail cost. Everything has appraised at double my cost. I also have a collection of Swarovski crystal brooches.

That sounds so cool! Do they have a website you'd be willing to share? I'd love to check out their work. You are lucky to have such a thoughtful and generous husband! I've never had good luck with partners and jewelry.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    I love jewelry. I wear mostly white gold or platinum pieces. My husband usually has pieces made for me by a couple we met at a gem and mineral show (my hubs is a geologist). The husband is a stone cutter and the wife is a metalsmith. They make fantastic one of a kind pieces below retail cost. Everything has appraised at double my cost. I also have a collection of Swarovski crystal brooches.

That sounds so cool! Do they have a website you'd be willing to share? I'd love to check out their work. You are lucky to have such a thoughtful and generous husband! I've never had good luck with partners and jewelry.

Not really; they are the kind of people you call and say what you are looking for and they will send you pics of what they have. I referred a friend recently and he got a nice alexandrite piece that appraised 3k over what he paid for it. I really wish they had a website. Most of the stones they have are rare or very unique. Last year she has a padparadscha sapphire ring that I wanted so bad but she couldn't resize it. It was an incredible piece and I felt sick leaving it there.
  • beagletracks
    Options
    tams_89 wrote: »
    My favourite bracelet is my Gnoce one because I can collect skull charms f16tczw6gsw6.jpg

Love this!
  • beagletracks
    Options
    tams_89 wrote: »
    Let's talk jewelz.

I have a hard time finding jewelry I like. I really only wear earrings — silver/steel/platinum, hoops or drops.

I'd love to know what kind of jewelry you like and where you find it! Here are a couple of pieces I found online that I like, but they're too expensive for me (about $300 per pair).

yyzxl8ownhsi.png

2i8tn6db49s9.png

Recommend, discuss, and/or show off your favorite pieces of jewelry here.

Love those chain earrings

@tams_89 They are from L. Jardim. I sent a link to my boyfriend as an obvious hint, but it failed. :cry:
  • beagletracks
    Options

Not really; they are the kind of people you call and say what you are looking for and they will send you pics of what they have. I referred a friend recently and he got a nice alexandrite piece that appraised 3k over what he paid for it. I really wish they had a website. Most of the stones they have are rare or very unique. Last year she has a padparadscha sapphire ring that I wanted so bad but she couldn't resize it. It was an incredible piece and I felt sick leaving it there.

That makes the pieces all the more special. My favorite jewelry store is a tiny little boutique with handmade pieces in Valparaiso, Chile. Pretty much impossible for me to shop there currently. Galería Orfebres.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    Options

That makes the pieces all the more special. My favorite jewelry store is a tiny little boutique with handmade pieces in Valparaiso, Chile. Pretty much impossible for me to shop there currently. Galería Orfebres.

Oooo they have very unique pieces. You should email them and see what they have.
  • beagletracks
    Options

Oooo they have very unique pieces. You should email them and see what they have.

I think I will!
  • Marquis_Marq
    Marquis_Marq Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ozj9bnapda5k.jpg
  • beagletracks
    Options
    do belt buckles count as jewelry

YES
  • beagletracks
    Options
    do belt buckles count as jewelry

YES

tsiQ2wg.jpg

i got a lot, most beaded, this is one of my faves

Beautiful. And I love your nails!
  • beagletracks
    Options
    e66201d8l02b.png

I like these but still too pricey.

hhwpy4gn93za.png
  • GymGoddessGoals
    Options
    I really like the first pair. Super delicate and feminine.