My new journey in life

cnb124
cnb124 Posts: 40 Member
Hello all. I am Christina. I am 41 and about 200 pounds overweight. I did this weightloss thing a few years ago and was doing great but then life happened, as it usually does. Gained back the 50 I lost and an extra 30. I am super ready to get back into it and look forward to living my life healthily.

Replies

• goldsli08
    goldsli08 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Christina. I'm new here too. I'm 55 and about 125 pounds overweight. I was interested in your post because this is my new journey to getting healthy also. This is my year!
  • iamfreenaked
    iamfreenaked Posts: 1 Member
    Hey guys I am right here with you. After a bout of panic attacks and years of up and down the scale I decided NOT to give up. I joined WW and after utilizing MFP several years prior to joining I realized I prefer to be here. I'm willing to fail forward and in efforts to get this 150 lbs off of me.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    If you wish to lose your weight in a sensible and sustainable fashion you can come to my MFP Larger Losers Group. It is for people who are starting or originally started with 75 or more pounds to lose.

The people there are awesome and there are some at various stages of their loss including me who has lost more than 250 pounds and I am down to losing vanity pounds.

Here is the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

• Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    Hi Christina. It is my 40th birthday today, and five months ago I was about 107 kilos (236 pounds) over my highest normal range weight. I still have to lose more than 125 pounds to become overweight...instead of morbidly obese.

There is nothing that we can't accomplish if we really put our minds into it. So I wish the best start to your journey, and a steady, happy pace till you reach your goals!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,044 Member
    If you would like a lot of support/motivation may I suggest Fat2Fit which is an awesome group of people ....we have 6 teams and we do different challenges etc . come have a look around and if you like what you see and you want to be part of the group you can use this link to join

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10811137/registration-for-new-members-through-october-4th#latest
  • cnb124
    cnb124 Posts: 40 Member
    Dante_80 wrote: »
    Hi Christina. It is my 40th birthday today, and five months ago I was about 107 kilos (236 pounds) over my highest normal range weight. I still have to lose more than 125 pounds to become overweight...instead of morbidly obese.

There is nothing that we can't accomplish if we really put our minds into it. So I wish the best start to your journey, and a steady, happy pace till you reach your goals!

Hi! Sorry I just found out how to find my posts haha. Happy late birthday!
  • julie9086
    julie9086 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! Also 41 with a lot to lose. Cheers to the journey ahead!