How much do you exercise weekly?

1235»

Replies

• CapeCourtney12
    CapeCourtney12 Posts: 7 Member
    I try to run 15-20 miles a week and I lift 4x a week. I could lie and say I try to get a rest day in here and there, but I don’t. I look forward to working out, I hate it while I am doing it, but when it’s all said and done I’m happy I did it.

I would like to try to get running outdoors, I only run on the treadmill...I get dizzy running outside and I can’t figure out how to mitigate that 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Calisthenics 3-4x a week, light lifts 2x weekly, and walking daily.

Goal is 5-6% body fat percentage reduction.

Therefore, until next Spring, I'll be switching out my calisthenics and lifting rotation so that I'm lifting heavier.

That means a gym for me (😶) since my aquabag or KB and DB sets aren't enough.
  • CapeCourtney12
    CapeCourtney12 Posts: 7 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Calisthenics 3-4x a week, light lifts 2x weekly, and walking daily.

Goal is 5-6% body fat percentage reduction.

Therefore, until next Spring, I'll be switching out my calisthenics and lifting rotation so that I'm lifting heavier.

That means a gym for me (😶) since my aquabag or KB and DB sets aren't enough.

I’m looking to reduce my body fat within that same range. I began my push for that in June, I’ve given myself a year...fingers crossed I can hit that goal by June 2021. Calisthenics is tough work, I’d rather lift weights 😂! Good luck to you!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    We got this @CapeCourtney12 💪🏿

• JintheSouth
    JintheSouth Posts: 44 Member
    edited September 2020
    I try to do 20 to 30 minutes of jump rope a day, 2 Pilates sessions a week and 1 full body strength training session a week.

I work out longer on the weekends because that is when I schedule 1 Pilates session and the strength training session.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited September 2020
    I am currently living in one time zone and working in another so I have an extra hour in the mornings, after my husband has gone to work and before my colleagues start. I am using that for exercise, and at present I tend to do 60-90 minutes on weekday mornings (depending on how long it takes me to do the Guardian's cryptic crossword which is my morning brain workout), made up of whichever workout is next in the Bodyfit by Amy plan I am following, 30 mins Scottish Ballet beginners barre, and 15-30 mins rowing. Tuesdays I have to be ready earlier so I might get in 20-30 minutes or might have a rest day. At weekends I do what I feel like doing on Saturday, which today was about ten minutes each of low impact cardio, rowing, and abs, and rest (or do a short pre-church workout) on Sunday. I generally also go for a reasonably long walk one or both days, unless it is tipping it down with rain. I am still losing weight (ca. 10lbs to go), and will probably hit my last 5lbs about the time I return to my work timezone. Once I get there and start moving into maintenance, I plan to cut this back, and alternate the Bodyfit workouts with rowing, aiming to do 30-40 minutes daily. I am also looking forward to getting back to swimming.
  • steph6556
    steph6556 Posts: 575 Member
    I like seeing everyone’s fitness schedule here bc it makes me feel more moderate! I was thinking my five days a week ( always take sat and sun off ) was excessive but I can see now that you guys are hard chargers! 💪🏼 I like long runs with ab work afterwards and then a big glass of chocolate milk for my reward!! Haha
  • phoenixrb35
    phoenixrb35 Posts: 23 Member
    I do body weight exercises (excluding jogging) everyday such as squats, heel raisers, planks/pushups, crunches, pullups/hanging from a pullup bar and stretches--lots of stretches. Then within the week, I jog anywhere from 2 to 4 miles or so one to three times a week.
  • phoenixrb35
    phoenixrb35 Posts: 23 Member
    steph6556 wrote: »
    I like seeing everyone’s fitness schedule here bc it makes me feel more moderate! I was thinking my five days a week ( always take sat and sun off ) was excessive but I can see now that you guys are hard chargers! 💪🏼 I like long runs with ab work afterwards and then a big glass of chocolate milk for my reward!! Haha

I love a good drink with my workout too! I like to have ginger with hazelnut coffee, cream and sugar after my workouts. Very relaxing! :)
  • slytherclawpride
    slytherclawpride Posts: 22 Member
    I exercise 4 times a week for, though I'm trying to exercise 5 days a week. I do cardio twice a week, and lift twice a week. I'm trying to make lifting 3 times a week. I also try to get my steps in (some days I'm successful while other days I'm not).
  • julie3461
    julie3461 Posts: 65 Member
    Weight loss goal: To lose 1.25 - 2.25 inches off my hips and about 1 in off my mid section. I finally got the 110s after 3 years of hard work.
    Fitness goals: To be able to do 1 pull up. To do mainly regular pushups.
    Exercise: Beachbody programs + walking,running, & hiking. Right now, I do an intense workout 4 days a week.
    Exercise breakdown: 3 days of Liift 4, 1 day of Liift4 + T20, 1 day yoga + T20, 1 day stretching/easy yoga, 1 day off with a goal of walking any amount.
  • TurquiseTurtle7
    TurquiseTurtle7 Posts: 16 Member
    I run for an hour 6x per week, do a workout DVD for half an hour 7x per week, walk my dogs for a half hour about 3x per week. Occasionally, I'll mix in some bike riding or swimming or do an extra workout DVD but I don't do those extras regularly. I aim for an hour and a half of intense exercise per day and then maybe a half hour of something relaxing, like walking or light yard work. I've lost almost 30 lbs this summer and still have about 15 to go, so I try to keep fairly active.
    Do those of you who exercise multiple hours per day work? I work full time and cannot see how to fit in over 2hrs of exercise per day. I still have responsibilities at home too.

I work part time from home and my kids are teenagers in school all day. I don't have a busy social life or many hobbies. My house and yard don't require much time to keep them tidy, and the closest I get to cooking is using the microwave to heat frozen dinners. My husband works long shifts, and I have most of my work and exercise done by the time he gets home, so we're free to spend an hour or two together in the evenings.

• the_stained_ape
    the_stained_ape Posts: 35 Member
    edited October 2020
    Hammer the Kettlebells 3 times a week, for 45-60 minutes.

Current goals are fat loss while mainitaining strength. I suppose you could say I'm 'cutting', but I ain't no body builder.
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 350 Member
    My current routine is walking at a fast pace (16-18 minutes per mile). I did a goal of 50 miles last week but felt that it didn't allow me any extra time to do other things during the weekdays. This week I did a goal of 35 miles but now I feel like it has lackluster results lol. Still working on finding a happy medium.
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    I do weights 2-3 times a week and play hockey once a week 😁