For me it's volume.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I have to use a lot of trial and error.

^^^This...

• 4Phoenix
    4Phoenix Posts: 236 Member
    @Diatonic12 Yes, I agree with the article you cited. This is my lifestyle and I'm very rarely hungry reaching satiety daily.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Not only does it take trial and error but it can change over time. You really have to listen to your own body and brain and what they are telling you. You can also work to figure out what can take your mind off wanting to eat. For some folks, brushing their teeth will do it, others drink hot tea, try and bunch of things and see what works.

You are unlikely to be able to make instantaneous choices to get it right. You will need to stop and think about how something made you feel a couple days ago. You can also notice when you head to bed. For example, did knitting or reading a book or avoiding the food network help you not eat in the evening? Did watching food shows with food commercials make you hungry when you knew you had had a full day's food already? Does booting up a "time sink" like cake decorating videos on youtube drive you into the kitchen or kill time such that you don't notice you aren't eating?