Under 100 calories snack ideas pls

Maeshree14
Maeshree14 Posts: 13 Member
Hi guys can anyone assist with easy simple snacks :) tnx guys

Replies

• cupkate30
    cupkate30 Posts: 8 Member
    Sliced cucumber with some red wine vinegar, salt and pepper or a little light Olive Garden brand salad dressing
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Rice Krispy treats...so I'm told 🤭
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited October 2020
    An apple or a banana (both run about 95 to 105 calories, more or less)
    A cup of soup
    Fage 0% fat Greek yogurt is 90 calories a container
    One pack of plain instant oatmeal is 100 calories -- but you would have to add something to it or it tastes like paste
    One cup of Pearl brand Olives are 100 calories -- they come in little snack packs
    No added sugar Outshine popsicles are about 35 calories each
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Papadums sold for deep frying at home crisp up in the microwave. Nuke 1 minute on high. About 38 kcl per pappadom. I like to dip in no fat yoghurt with a little mango chutney mixed in.
    6qac5gn6qzg4.jpeg

• iancity
    iancity Posts: 26 Member
    I never knew pops were so low, game changer for me as a very small pack of crisps is normally 120 :-)
  • acpgee
    iancity wrote: »
    I never knew pops were so low, game changer for me as a very small pack of crisps is normally 120 :-)

If you crave things like crisps, you can also make them oil free in the microwave. Thinly slice a potato with a mandoline or food processor. Lay on a large silicon paper lined plate in a single layer. Season (I like to use vinegar salt). Zap for 6 minutes on high and remove any that turn golden brown. Do not be alarmed if they are limp when warm because they turn brittle as they cool. Zap stragglers at 1 minutes intervals because the margin of error between golden brown and burnt is quite narrow.

Asian prawn crackers sold for deep frying t home can also be puffed and crisped in the microwave. They do burn more easily though. About 30 seconds on high.

Those vietnamese rice papers for making spring rolls and summer rolls also crisp up in the microwave. These are unseasoned so you would have to experiment with brushing with soy or oil free dips such as nuoc cham. I don't remember the cooking time from the last time I did them.
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 350 Member
    Today I brought some black olives with me to work. It was a nice change up, if you like them anyway!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Totally depends on your tastes, but here are some ideas:

Greek yogurt
    Cheese stick
    2 rice cakes
    Fresh fruit weighed out
    Sliced cucumbers with a little dressing
    I love pickles for the low calorie, bold flavor and crunch
  • acpgee
    I stumbled on the last of the asian prawn crisps. This is what they look like microwaved.
    ses2wp8zvpw3.jpeg
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    I like mini Kind bars. They are 90 calories and give me a quick pick me up. They also have chocolate and peanut butter so it's like I am having a treat too.