When do you quit.

Options
Chriswstubbs
Chriswstubbs Posts: 1 Member
It feel so good to be on track. Why do we give up?

Replies

• mywieghtmustcomeoff
    Options
    We get comfortable
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    It's easy to quit
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    When I get too stressed it's easier to give up then push through. I only have so much energy and sometimes I don't have or think that I have the energy and go back to old habits.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cake, vanilla ice cream, fudge sauce
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    It's easy to quit

tenor.gif?itemid=4038796
  • mehshell420
    mehshell420 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I feel like distractions tend to sneak up and break the good habits that you've created.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Quit when I stop caring

I stop caring about too many things too quickly anymore

Sounds like anhedonia. It sucks, we all need to find something that drives us.
  • ButterIsGood
    ButterIsGood Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I quit when I don't see consistent results. I need to see results or I just go off and stuff my face.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I quit when I don't see consistent results. I need to see results or I just go off and stuff my face.
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    Because I stuff my face with food to cope with all my inadequacies and depression. Then am more depressed because I'm a fat sloth. Continue cycle.

A combination of these two, actually. Hence why I've been at the same (over)weight status for almost a decade now.

Depression + anxiety + never seeing the results everyone always talks about when I put in the same effort = giving up and not giving a *kitten* anymore.

Obviously, I care enough to still log in here every day and make the attempt, but not enough to seriously log anymore or do anything outside of walking. I'm just so tired of trying and not seeing any reward for my efforts.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I don't quit. But simply slide into neutral gear for a bit, then have to hit reverse and start again.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    i’m classically trained in giving up
  • B_Plus_Effort
    B_Plus_Effort Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Never! weight loss => maintain (lifestyle change) it personally makes me feel like I am 7' feet tall when I'm in shape and I'm only 5' 11" 1/2" ha ha
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Tuesday ?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Tuesday ?

But... that's taco day.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Tuesday ?

But... that's taco day.

Dang, you're right....

other than a scheduled haircut, Thursday looks good.

yeah, I can quit on Thursday, say about 3:15 ish.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    Because I stuff my face with food to cope with all my inadequacies and depression. Then am more depressed because I'm a fat sloth. Continue cycle.

A combination of these two, actually. Hence why I've been at the same (over)weight status for almost a decade now.

Depression + anxiety + never seeing the results everyone always talks about when I put in the same effort = giving up and not giving a *kitten* anymore.

Obviously, I care enough to still log in here every day and make the attempt, but not enough to seriously log anymore or do anything outside of walking. I'm just so tired of trying and not seeing any reward for my efforts.

This could be me. This is me actually
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    thanksgiving