The Late Night Thread - 9 PM and Beyond

JessBbody
JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
This is a thread for those of us who find ourselves wandering around here late at night, usually wondering where everybody else is.

I don't know if this will work but I'm hoping for people to post here only after 9 pm their time.

Random thoughts at night? Stick it here. Find yourself wanting to take pics of your toenails at 3 am? Stick it here. Just warn people because aversion to feet is a thing.

I would appreciate no memes but that's a lot to hope for. Stay within the general rules of course. And no arguments. Be nice.

I'm not usually in here at 2am like tonight but I can't sleep and this is my idea born of boredom.

So for example the rando thing I've chosen to post is a pic of myself hidden under my dirty makeup brushes.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

5mo2ecvoh2u2.jpeg

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Jess, I have a question. What kinds of foods do you like to cook?
  • JessBbody
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Jess, I have a question. What kinds of foods do you like to cook?

Thanks for asking!

I don't cook much for myself. I like to cook and bake for others. Ive made chili from a recipe, artichokes, Brussel sprouts, roasted chicken, chicken soup. I've baked chocolate fudge cookies, lemon meringue pie, cherry pie.

Tbh while on this diet I'm not cooking much at all. I've relegated myself to things like sandwiches and frozen meals just for the sake of counting calories.

Need to get a low calorie cookbook and do something more creative so I don't crack.

How about you out there in the wild west?

• Diatonic12
    I live in a man's world so I've learned how to BBQ anything and I can fix most proteins like a beef brisket, ribs, steaks. Roast a turkey, beef roast with vegetables, chickens, fish, fish, fish. Out here, there's hunting. I don't talk about it much because it's kind of touchy. Learning how to cook wild game takes practice. We eat a lorra lorra fish and I have relatives who've always lived in Alaska. They go fishing almost every day and my freezers are full. Big freezers.

It's hunting season and everyone is out there trying to find something but no one is having any success. Non-resident hunters and residents alike are finding zip. I think it's been a warmer than average fall. I have locally sourced beef and pork. Some of my relatives are cattle ranchers but there's something very sad going on in my small corner of the world.

All of the pesky tourists want to move here. There is nothing to buy or rent. It's cray cray shizz. We've never seen anything like this. Coastal people are moving here by the hoards. They want what we have but want to turn into what they've left. The wild west is disappearing. It's turning into dude ranches and homes for celebrities. Makes me want to hang my head and cry like Ol' Tom Dooley.

It's changing. It's all fading away out here in the western states. Wildness and wilderness areas are being stomped into fine dust. They keep coming and coming. It's another land rush. My relatives are some of the earliest folks buried out in our local cemetery. Born in the late 1700's and buried in the early 1800's until present day. They're all there. My elders before them are out here somewhere. They were Paleo long before Paleo.

• Diatonic12
    @JessBbody How long will you be eating lunchmeat? o:)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    I live in a man's world so I've learned how to BBQ anything and I can fix most proteins like a beef brisket, ribs, steaks. Roast a turkey, beef roast with vegetables, chickens, fish, fish, fish. Out here, there's hunting. I don't talk about it much because it's kind of touchy. Learning how to cook wild game takes practice. We eat a lorra lorra fish and I have relatives who've always lived in Alaska. They go fishing almost every day and my freezers are full. Big freezers.

It's hunting season and everyone is out there trying to find something but no one is having any success. Non-resident hunters and residents alike are finding zip. I think it's been a warmer than average fall. I have locally sourced beef and pork. Some of my relatives are cattle ranchers but there's something very sad going on in my small corner of the world.

All of the pesky tourists want to move here. There is nothing to buy or rent. It's cray cray shizz. We've never seen anything like this. Coastal people are moving here by the hoards. They want what we have but want to turn into what they've left. The wild west is disappearing. It's turning into dude ranches and homes for celebrities. Makes me want to hang my head and cry like Ol' Tom Dooley.

It's changing. It's all fading away out here in the western states. Wildness and wilderness areas are being stomped into fine dust. They keep coming and coming. It's another land rush. My relatives are some of the earliest folks buried out in our local cemetery. Born in the late 1700's and buried in the early 1800's until present day. They're all there. My elders before them are out here somewhere. They were Paleo long before Paleo.

it's the domino effect

folks are bailing from California like crazy

..... and they ain't moving to New Jersey

• Whydahdad71
    Whydahdad71 Posts: 316 Member
    I work midnights so, I and this thread will most likely be best friends.😃👍
  • Diatonic12
    edited October 2020
    @Motorsheen They're coming here. Cali, Texas, New York, New Jersey, Georgia, Carolinas, Washington, Oregon. I've never seen so many New Yorkers out here in the sagebrush. Housing going through the roof. People are getting 4 hundred thousand for 900 sq. ft homes.
  • JessBbody
    @JessBbody How long will you be eating lunchmeat? o:)

Sadly lunchmeat has been a staple food for most of my life. I've thought about getting off of it because "they" say it's bad for you because it's processed.
    I'll continue to depend on it until I lose these last 15 lbs.

Incidentally, you remind me of the song Where Have All the Cowboys Gone by Paula Cole.

Where is my Marlboro man? Where is his shiny gun?

Yippy-aye, Yippy-a!

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »

it's the domino effect

Rural North Florida here. Folks from NY usually move down south of Orlando when they come here, but with prices going up, many are settling up here. A conversation I had with a lady who moved down here from NY a few months ago.

Lady: "Oh my God!" "Its October and soo hot here."
    Me: "Yes ma'am, we are a Sub-Tropical state."
    Lady: "I can't believe I have to travel half an hour to go to a big box store!"
    Me: "Well ma'am, some of us like living rurally."
    Lady: "I hate having to put on bug repellant to go outside in the afternoon!"
    Me: "Oh, you mean cologne?" "Well ma'am, we do have many swamps up here."
    Lady: "Everyone says hello to me when I am out and I don't know them!"
    Me: "We are a small town ma'am, and we all tend to be polite to each other."
    Lady: "Why are there soo many churches here?"
    Me: "This is the bible belt ma'am."
    Lady: "I hate living here!"
    Me: ......... (insert blank stare...)

I would have told her:

"Find yourself a map, then find I-95..... head north."
  • JessBbody

it's the domino effect

Rural North Florida here. Folks from NY usually move down south of Orlando when they come here, but with prices going up, many are settling up here. A conversation I had with a lady who moved down here from NY a few months ago.

😂😂😂
    I love this dialogue.

• Cards_Man
    Cards_Man Posts: 905 Member
    I am happy to see an after 9pm post, however, what time zone is this based on?
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member

it's the domino effect

I know! 🥺😩😫😭
  • JessBbody
    Cards_Man wrote: »

The thread has taken on a life of its own, with people posting in the morning.

I'm on pacific time, however anyone on east coast or central (or anywhere else) is welcome to post after 9pm their time.

People will probably post at all times of day. I just wanted there to be a specific spot for late night.
  • brustmannzwei

it's the domino effect

I would have told her:

"Find yourself a map, then find I-95..... head north."

Not that I care now, but I’d add continue on well past Richmond, Fredericksburg, Stafford, <insert every city and county in the communist wealth of VA on the way north here> until you see a sign saying Welcome to <insert state here because I don’t care if you get sidetracked and lost just keep heading north>.
  • brustmannzwei
    JessBbody wrote: »

I'm on pacific time, however anyone on east coast or central (or anywhere else) is welcome to post after 9pm their time.

People will probably post at all times of day. I just wanted there to be a specific spot for late night.

Noted. Although I often keep Zulu time I will refrain from posting outside of 2100 PT.

• Cards_Man
    Cards_Man Posts: 905 Member
    JessBbody wrote: »

I love it ... night owl here ... I will limit my posting to 9pm - 3am central time zone ... I think it will be a popular thread!!!!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    @Motorsheen , Don't you know? Southerners are polite until we are mad enough to kill you.... lol
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Australian time here.. 6.15am, so Im a bit late .. sorry 😔
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Australian time here.. 6.15am, so Im a bit late .. sorry 😔

how dare you..... :o
    Don't make me use the hose again! :D