What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Speaking of marshmallows....

S'mores are good when they are made traditionally with freshly toasted marshmallows.

S'mores-flavored things, like s'mores ice cream, or s'mores cheesecake, etc, are just terrible.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Re: marshmallows - they make me think of rice krispy treats - which were everywhere in school when I was growing up. I thought they were overrated! May or may not be an unpopular onion .. buts that’s how I roll.. 😬

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    I eat a couple of marshmallows every day.

But I totally agree about s'mores flavored things. Every time I have something like ice cream or a snack bar or whatever, I feel like I didn't like s'mores as much as a I thought I did.

Except S'moreos. Those need to be permanent.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    "Veggie" straws or those green pea puff things
    I like them, but don't kid myself that they're "healthy".

I just like how they taste :)
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    I hate anything green - except jalapenos.

Kermit the Frog would be crushed.
    But I reckon he knows well that "It's not easy being green....".
  • I have a major sweet tooth, but don’t like s’mores. They’re just much too sweet.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    I have a major sweet tooth, but don’t like s’mores. They’re just much too sweet.

I like TRUE smores. but don't like smores flavored things or things like smores brownies or cookies
  • pancakerunner
    I like sweet potatoes but don't like sweet potato fries. I think they are a soggy, oveerly-oiled disaster
  • pancakerunner
    Oatmilk is garbage.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I like sweet potatoes but don't like sweet potato fries. I think they are a soggy, oveerly-oiled disaster

Truth. I love sweet potatoes, but my fries NEED to be crispy, and I've never had sweet potato fries that got there for me.
  • This diet I'm losing weight on is partly built on rice krispie bars, lol. They're sweet but there's not enough fructose to trip my intolerance, and they require chewing and that's more satisfying than something that I can down in two bites. But hey, to each their own.

I don't know why coffee smells so good but just tastes burnt.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member

Truth. I love sweet potatoes, but my fries NEED to be crispy, and I've never had sweet potato fries that got there for me.

For me, the best way to eat a sweet potato is roasted until weeping, and then just eaten plain, skin and all.
  • pancakerunner
    ejbronte wrote: »

For me, the best way to eat a sweet potato is roasted until weeping, and then just eaten plain, skin and all.

Sweet potatoes, grilled or over a camp fire. Game changer
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Finally! An incentive for this city dweller to go camping! With my nephew and plenty of sweet potatoes.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member

Overcooked potato and some people undercook meat!! My unpopular opinion is about that concept of beef rare or medium-rare. Absolutely no way for me.
  • pancakerunner
    Finally! An incentive for this city dweller to go camping! With my nephew and plenty of sweet potatoes.

YES! Give it a try. perfect for fall. PLEASE
  • pancakerunner
    zq66kpeii8yz.png
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    zq66kpeii8yz.png

I would take this over most desserts any day!
  • pancakerunner
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    zq66kpeii8yz.png

I would take this over most desserts any day!

With some whipped butter and sea salt. yess
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    That sweet potato looks . . . amazing.