Negative Comments about weight loss.

Options
124»

Replies

• trishklein
    trishklein Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The better you look, the worse it makes them look, so its more about their own personal conviction in my mind. Along with the many others who have commented on your post, congratulations and thanks for sharing. You are yet one more inspiration to us all! Blessings, Trish
  • trishklein
    trishklein Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    BTW, how you can deal with them is to tell them the simple truth, that you feel really good and healthy at the weight you are at. I would keep it on a positive note or say nothing. :)
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Smile and do not engage if the topic comes up about you weight. Most people stop if you hold steadfast. Once you break, even a little you are opening yourself up. You are not rude to not discuss, others are rude who keep pushing.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    Ha! I'd be happy at the negative comments. Because that means they noticed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • eatyogarun
    eatyogarun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It's been 7 years. Hopefully she lost those last 3 pounds and everyone is used to her now. :)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    One other option: they actually think you look great and are just trying to make sure you believe you look great no matter what too. Not every family member is jealous. Sometimes they really do mean it as a compliment. Depends on how and what is said. But remember, even if it annoys you, your feelings don't change their intent.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    How can i deal with these people in a constructive way without being a complete ***** to them and tellying them how i *really* feel??
    What's wrong with telling them how you really feel? They have no problem doing it, so they should expect and appreciate the same.

IMO the most appropriate responses are A- "blow me," and B- "why, so I can look like you? No thanks."

This would be my attitude 😂

I'd look down at myself and be like "Nah think I'm good" haha

OP - you'll never please anyone else. You get comments went you're fat and you get comments when you've lost the weight and you're "skinny".
    You see it happen a lot to celebrities. Someone always has something to say

You do what you're doing, all that matters is your happiness. And if you're happy, then sod what they think
    You know in your mind you're where you want to be and youre healthy.
    You did it, you actually did it. And you should be proud of yourself, very proud.
    4 years is a long dedication but you did it and it's very inspiring.

Stay happy, sod the others. :)

I had a situation last year where I was in a very stressful situation and I couldn't eat. Like nothing. (never happened before) and I was pretty concerned about the amount of weight I lost (30lbs) through stress-starving. And my family weren't concerned about what had happened and said "wish I could lose weight like that".