Eating healthy, exercising and still fat!

2»

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    tabilw wrote: »
    So I'm really on the struggle bus lately. I feel like my diet has been a lot better, and I'm exercising 5 days a week including cardio 3 days a week and strength training twice a week. I'm really watching my calorie intake..... But I'm not making any headway! I don't really look at the scale as much to determine if I'm making progress, I really look more at the way my body looks and how my clothes fit. But I feel like nothing is changing, in fact I feel like things are getting worse! My belly feels fat!! Anyone else dealing with this? any suggestions? Any diets or programs that have worked really well for you? HELP!!

Yes. Patience...
  • EmilyEnough
    EmilyEnough Posts: 67 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Your post contains a lot of 'I feel like' and 'really watching' your calorie intake doesn't give us much detail either.

Are you weighing your food, checking that you are using the right database entries?

What stats and goals did you enter in MFP and what calorie goal did that give you? Are you following that goal? Are you eating back exercise calories?

Not weighing is fine, though it wouldn't be my choice. But are you measuring yourself?

And how long have you been doing this?

I'd also suggest taking measurements every 4 weeks.

I used to work with weight loss clients..... body fat DOES move around as you lose. Keep going.💗
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,537 Member
    I had a look at your diary, but it does seem like you're only tracking sporadically. Most days there is either one meal tracked or nothing at all. Without the data of a fully tracked diary, it's honestly hard to see where it's going wrong.
    I would start by just measuring and tracking everything you eat & drink. Don't worry about restricting anything, just eat what you've been eating and track it. That gives you somewhere to start - you'll soon see whether you're eating a bit too much or underestimating your serving sizes etc. From there you can start to make some changes when you're ready. But the first step is collecting that data and giving yourself time to build the habits.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    When I first joined mfp I thought I was eating well and moving well, but I was still gaining weight. That's why I joined. Then I started logging... I learned that what I believed my calorie intake to be and what it was were two different things! I lost weight steadily once I started tracking properly.