How to Lose belly fat

How do I lose belly fat on my stomach?

Replies

• sflano1783
    sflano1783 Posts: 117 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    By losing body fat on the whole. Unfortunately you cannot target where you lose bodyfat, and the belly is often where it comes off last.

Yeah so how do I go about doing that
  • sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    Unfortunately spot reducing is not possible. You just have to be in a deficit and be patient. Just like we can't choose where our body fat get stored we also can't choose where it gets burned off. Check out my diary for low calorie dense foods that will fill you up and keep you in a deficit. In fact I invite everyone to check out my diary and see what has been working for me.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    For most Men, belly fat is the last to go. You just have to keep eating in a defecit and be patient.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,974 Member
    as well as losing weight overall would specific exercises to improve abdominal muscle strength help?

They wouldnt make you lose weight but would reduce the 'flabby belly look'

someone more experienced than me might be able to recomend specific exercises.
  • sflano1783
    sflano1783 Posts: 117 Member
    Hi
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Eat less, exercise more.

Calc your daily maintenace level (TDEE) and eat at least 500 cals/day less wc should allow you to lose about 1#/wk.

Start a progessive overload weight lifting program like Starting Strength or Stronglifts and eat more protein (about . 0.8-1g protein/# BW) to build muscle.

Do NOT do "excessive" cardio on the theory that it will allow you to eat more while still reducing your net cals consumed @ day. You will burn both fat and muscle if you do this on a cal defecit diet.

Muscle is hard to build and easy to lose. You don't want to lose muscle. You want to gain it while also losing fat.

Do cardio only for general fitness and heart and respiratory health. Most experts say you only need to do 30 mins/day to achieve this.

Do these things consistently for at least 6 months and you should be able to lose about 24#s and see an increase in strength/fitness that should be reflected in a lower waist measurement and generally "better" (more muscular) appearance.

Good luck!

What should I pick on the tdee calculator light exercise, moderate I try to go for walks aswell each day to get near 10k steps per day
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    If you are taking 10k plus steps a day each day, I would start with the Active setting under fitness profile, and don't add back calories from your walks. Then eat as much as the planner tells you to eat! Stick with it for at least 4 weeks, and adjust if needed - if you find you aren't losing, change setting to lightly active and see how that works for you. If you are losing too quickly, go to highly active. Don't worry too much about getting it perfectly in the beginning, you can adjust as you go as you find things that do/don't work for you. Most important things are consistency (log and weigh everything) and patience. Lasting weight loss takes time.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Alternatively you can put in sedentary and add your walks as exercise calories. That's what I do, as I don't always get my walk.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    edited October 2020
    sflano1783 wrote: »
    Hi
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Eat less, exercise more.

Calc your daily maintenace level (TDEE) and eat at least 500 cals/day less wc should allow you to lose about 1#/wk.

Start a progessive overload weight lifting program like Starting Strength or Stronglifts and eat more protein (about . 0.8-1g protein/# BW) to build muscle.

Do NOT do "excessive" cardio on the theory that it will allow you to eat more while still reducing your net cals consumed @ day. You will burn both fat and muscle if you do this on a cal defecit diet.

Muscle is hard to build and easy to lose. You don't want to lose muscle. You want to gain it while also losing fat.

Do cardio only for general fitness and heart and respiratory health. Most experts say you only need to do 30 mins/day to achieve this.

Do these things consistently for at least 6 months and you should be able to lose about 24#s and see an increase in strength/fitness that should be reflected in a lower waist measurement and generally "better" (more muscular) appearance.

Good luck!

What should I pick on the tdee calculator light exercise, moderate I try to go for walks aswell each day to get near 10k steps per day

Since you only "try" to walk 10k steps/day, I'd suggest using "sedentary" as your initial TDEE since that allows the fewest additional cals above BMR.

Do that for at least 2-4 wks and if you lose more than #1/wk add 500 cals/day to your diet and adjust further as necessary in order to stabilize at about 1# wtloss/wk.

Bear in mind that as you lose wt, you will continue to need to adjust your cal intake to control your rate of wt loss.

Also bear in mind that, if you are successful in building muscle, muscle weighs MORE than fat and that, if you are not losing wt as fast as you want/expect, it may NOT be due to NOT losing fat but due to gaining muscle.

The process is dynamic, not static.