Ankle Injury and Calories

I recently fractured my ankle. I did a search on here and found things I can do to keep working out like strengthening and chair cardio exercises. I feel like this won't make up for my usual sessions. In regards to my calories, should I cut back a bit in order to make up for this? Right now I am eating for my resting metabolic rate which I had measured a few times by calculator and by the mask thing. I usually don't eat my exercise calories back unless it is a super strenuous workout burning 1000 calories. Any advice?

I have been having trouble losing weight in the past so this is a very frustrating and tricky situation where I feel I really need to watch my intake since my output is not going to be as great.

Replies

• cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Food intake is number one.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Eat at maintenance calories while you heal, your body needs the extra nourishment. Here’s hoping you have a speedy recovery.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Eat at maintenance calories while you heal, your body needs the extra nourishment. Here’s hoping you have a speedy recovery.

This... feel better :flowerforyou:
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    :( I injured my ankle a month or so back as well so know how frustrating it can be!

Just eat at your maintenance until it's better... hopefully the chair cardio/ strengthening will help in the meantime. Whatever you do, don't try to go back to your regular workouts until you know you're fully healed... I did this and it delayed me by a few weeks. Reallly annoying!
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    I would just eat my resting metabolic rate and then once my ankle has recovered get back on track.