I am desperate at this point in my 1 month journey. Can you offer advice?

2»

Replies

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    I’m gonna be honest and say this bc you need to hear it, you need to address your binge eating disorder and possibly attend over eaters anonymous. You need to get to the core issues that cause you to want to binge and find healthy coping skills. You cannot just stop binge eating. It’s a process. It’s possible you damaged your metabolism but I’m no expert. Also you love food, you love the taste, the mouthfeel etc. so my suggestion is to eat foods you love! Don’t abstain. Just learn to eat less. If you don’t want to eat carbs you don’t have to. If you want to keto or even go low carb or even carb cycle do it. You need something that feels like it’s not cheating. That you don’t feast bc you feel deprived of your favorite things. I love food I just found ways to make it work for me. I cannot lose weight with a traditional caloric deficit ( unless I’m eating 1200 calories). Pcos and ibs make it difficult so I have to eat low carb, or carb cycle to lose or keto. This s my body and I know that is it that’s what works. My problem is I like to fill empty time with eating. But I also think i wonder bc you were fasting and keto for awhile if your body is still adapted somehow? So you aren’t hungry all day sometimes. Perhaps you adjust to that type of eating or do intermittent fasting.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited October 2020
  • jessiemeckle
    jessiemeckle Posts: 118 Member
    I am not a professional, nor can I give sound advice because I am struggling as well. I just wanted to say that the first thing I noticed from your chart is that you weigh in every day. You are going to drive yourself nuts. 2nd, you lost 9 pounds in a little over a month! NINE! That's amazing! Some days you eat less than 1,000 calories, am I reading that right? I would feel so weak and exhausted by the end of the day. I hope someone has good advice because I am interested as well. I just wanted to say keep going, you are doing great! And you are brave for putting it all out there.

Why did 11 people disagree with me?
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,928 Member
    edited October 2020
    If you gain on "1300" its because its not 1300 on average everyday. You're significantly underestimating what you're eating...
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    I am not a professional, nor can I give sound advice because I am struggling as well. I just wanted to say that the first thing I noticed from your chart is that you weigh in every day. You are going to drive yourself nuts. 2nd, you lost 9 pounds in a little over a month! NINE! That's amazing! Some days you eat less than 1,000 calories, am I reading that right? I would feel so weak and exhausted by the end of the day. I hope someone has good advice because I am interested as well. I just wanted to say keep going, you are doing great! And you are brave for putting it all out there.

I can only guess, but maybe because you said weighing daily would drive the OP nuts. Some people respond better to a weekly (or monthly, or whatever) weigh in, but others can do it daily and have no negative thoughts related to the daily fluctuations. Therefore, each individual should decide what their preferred frequency ought to be. There are no universal rules for that particular aspect.

As for the rest of your post, I have nothing to disagree with, and I wish you and the OP all the best. :)
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited October 2020
    GummiMundi wrote: »

I can only guess, but maybe because you said weighing daily would drive the OP nuts. Some people respond better to a weekly (or monthly, or whatever) weigh in, but others can do it daily and have no negative thoughts related to the daily fluctuations. Therefore, each individual should decide what their preferred frequency ought to be. There are no universal rules for that particular aspect.

As for the rest of your post, I have nothing to disagree with, and I wish you and the OP all the best. :)

That and it seems like the disagree fairies are active in this thread for some reason.
    I'm guessing your assumption is correct though.
    Either that or maybe some are thinking 9 lbs in a month is too much. 🤷‍♂️
  • charmmeth
    That and it seems like the disagree fairies are active in this thread for some reason.

They really are active here! I didn't disagree with your post, but I am a daily weigher, as you will probably have seen. I think it's about what you do with the information. I'm taking part in a weekly weigh-in challenge at present and that has confirmed for me that not knowing what happens between those weekly weigh-ins would drive me nuts. It#s easier to see today's weght the same time as last week' when I know that in between i was more than a kg/2 lbs down. What works for a particular individual is very personal.

I completely agree about 9lbs per month being too much!
  • dragon_girl26
    charmmeth wrote: »

They really are active here! I didn't disagree with your post, but I am a daily weigher, as you will probably have seen. I think it's about what you do with the information. I'm taking part in a weekly weigh-in challenge at present and that has confirmed for me that not knowing what happens between those weekly weigh-ins would drive me nuts. It#s easier to see today's weght the same time as last week' when I know that in between i was more than a kg/2 lbs down. What works for a particular individual is very personal.

And same with me...I prefer to weigh daily and track each day in Libra so I can spot trends. It also helps when I feel discouraged, to look at that nice downward trending line as a reminder that I'm doing fine.
    In the particular case of the OP, though, I don't disagree with @jessiemeckle. Seemed like OP was becoming a bit too obsessive with what was happening on the scale and maybe needed to back away from it for a bit.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member

And same with me...I prefer to weigh daily and track each day in Libra so I can spot trends. It also helps when I feel discouraged, to look at that nice downward trending line as a reminder that I'm doing fine.
    In the particular case of the OP, though, I don't disagree with @jessiemeckle. Seemed like OP was becoming a bit too obsessive with what was happening on the scale and maybe needed to back away from it for a bit.

Weekly weigher here as I obsess when I weigh in daily. I wouldn’t disagree with those whom it works for though.

I often believe the disagree fairies just think their way is the ONLY way.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    The toddler has gotten on someone's computer when they went to the kitchen and not understanding how to read thought they'd click the disagree.
    But they can't type.

Or is it easier on the app?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    heybales wrote: »
    The toddler has gotten on someone's computer when they went to the kitchen and not understanding how to read thought they'd click the disagree.
    But they can't type.

Or is it easier on the app?

On the app, it's pretty easy to hit "disagree" and never even realize you did it.

(Although the toddler option is also plausible! :D )
  • charmmeth
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »

Yes, I was thinking that too. It's a shame as one of the things I value about mfp is the reminder that everyone's way is unique. I have learned so much here about what can work, and has worked for other people, but I also definitely learned that it doesn't all work for me. And also, by extension, what I do and experience doesn't tally with what others do and experience.
  • dragon_girl26

Weekly weigher here as I obsess when I weigh in daily. I wouldn’t disagree with those whom it works for though.

I think so, too, although they usually offer a disagree and no explanations. I guess they want to keep all their rightness to themselves lol
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member

I think so, too, although they usually offer a disagree and no explanations. I guess they want to keep all their rightness to themselves lol

Well obviously, they can’t let people know their secrets.