FREE Customized Personal Weight Loss Eating Plan! (Not Spam or MLM)

Replies

• kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    I am glad this was bumped again even though I think I would have found it. I read everything Ann posts with great interest.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    February BUMP

<3
  • 2omonths
    2omonths Posts: 94 Member
    Thank you @AnnPT77!
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    *bump*
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    Bumping this cause it is the best.
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Save
  • Bump !!! Just found this useful thread ....
  • countrycreek_
    countrycreek_ Posts: 4 Member
    To read later.. thank you @AnnPT77.
  • kika5105
    kika5105 Posts: 28 Member
    @AnnPT77 Question!... for the macros when you say per Healthy goal weight or lean body mass what do you mean by that and how can I find out.
  • kika5105
    kika5105 Posts: 28 Member
    @AnnPT77 yes totally makes sense! Thanks so much this will hopefully help me with my macro counting problems 😅
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,718 Member
    kika5105 wrote: »
    @AnnPT77 yes totally makes sense! Thanks so much this will hopefully help me with my macro counting problems 😅

@kika5105, deep in mind that the macros don't need to be an "exact every day" thing. Somewhere around your goals, up one day, down the next, but averaging out in the right region over something like a week: That should be fine, is *hugely* easier to achieve, and is doing better than the overwhelming majority of people do.

And the macros are about health, energy level, and satiation . . . not directly controlling weight. Obviously, if energy level tanks, or poor satiation causes binges, those can have indirect effects on weight management. But in a direct sense, weight is about calories (both in and out, and with recognition that the calories eaten have an effect on calories expended, i.e., it's not fully static).

Best wishes for excellent results!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Bump
  • williambarbara1
    williambarbara1 Posts: 3 Member
    i need help 2 figure out how much i can eat and what to eat. I don't know how to get this info
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,718 Member
    i need help 2 figure out how much i can eat and what to eat. I don't know how to get this info

MFP guided set-up can give you a calorie goal: That's the "how much". (However, your food choices are yours alone. 100 calories of butter is a tiny little nubbin, and 100 calories of broccoli is a pretty big heap.) Individuals feel full eating in different ways: That part is a personal experiment. It's OK to take your time working it out, for yourself. Just make positive progress, and you'll get to a good place.

As far as what to eat: There are multiple possible ways to get there. The starting post in this thread is one way: Log what you eat now, gradually revise to meet new goals.

Another way is to adopt an eating strategy or structured meal plan. There are lots of those. One very structured option some people like, at kind of the opposite extreme, is this web site: https://www.eatthismuch.com/ . It lets you select a kind of overall strategy (paleo, Mediterranean, etc.), number of daily calories (that you got from MFP guided setup), number of meals you like to eat daily . . . then it suggests a very specific daily plain. You can "test drive" different strategies there, or get daily menu ideas - can be useful.

If you have specific questions, please ask . . . but I'm not very good at telling other people *specifically* how they should eat. I think everyone should get overall decent nutrition, but there are literally gazillions of ways to do that.

Best wishes!
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Thanks @AnnPT77 this is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Can I come live with you? <3
  • _manny_702
    _manny_702 Posts: 77 Member
    Thank you!