Bariatric Sleeve

Hi! Is there support on here for people that have had weight loss surgery?

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Yes, there are many members here who have had or are prepping for weight loss surgery. There are also lots of folks who don't want the surgery and are looking for other ways to lose the weight. I fall into the latter category. Controlling calorie intake and increasing movement lead to weight loss. So I eat less and I walk more. So far, over 40 pounds down with another 90-100 to go.

If you go the surgery route, you will still have to limit how much you eat and undertake exercise for health. In addition, you will need to be careful to watch your nutrition and need for vitamins with the help of your physician. For some folks, surgery is just the thing but others have the surgery but return to old habits and get fat again anyway. You'll also find those people here on MFP.

So, in answer to your question, yes, you will find supportive folks on MFP no matter what your situation regarding weight loss surgery. You'll also find people who disagree strongly with whatever your situation requires. Listen to the understanding ones.

• gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    I had a sleeve 6 years ago. It was the best decision I have every made. Did it solve all the problems? Nope. But it gave me the tools I could use to help in the journey.