Options
    RyLeck80 wrote: »
    @LoveyChar

My first triathlon 🥳

Oh awesome!!!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Day #34 no alcohol for me! Sober October a success so far! I hope everyone is staying strong!
  • Bluerunbiker
    Bluerunbiker Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am in sober October survived friday saturday sunday nights normally have more than a few beers.
    Wasn't a big struggle i just made sure i had none in the house but went to bed early which i never do !
    Been doing loads of cycling , running but no weight loss recently even though i am under the calories given
    hopefully drop some in October
    GL those on it
  • freda666
    freda666 Posts: 338 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    One of my greatest reliefs is that I do not drink alcohol any more and haven't for over 10 years, so not something I have to cope with giving up.

Not adverse to the odd glass of wine at a function but routinely I got fed up with having a drink meaning I just ended up sitting and watching the telly, feeling a bit sleepy, so got nothing done.

My life is hugely better for it, my only demons now being chocolate and cheese.
  • Bluerunbiker
    Options
    Nearly a week now still hanging in typically October is a 5 weekend month lol
    Weight up and down but hopeful in few days i will have lost a pound or six
  • RyLeck80
    RyLeck80 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Traveling in Poland for work now and it’s TOUGH given the amazing food, beer, and vodka out here, but I’m holding my own and staying strong 💪 keep it up everyone!
  • Bluerunbiker
    Options
    Well i made it to 3 weeks so far only 9 days to go strange thing is I haven't lost any weight despite staying well under 1500 calories daily and exercising vigorously for 45mins to 2 hours most days.
    hmmmmmmm any ideas ?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    Well i made it to 3 weeks so far only 9 days to go strange thing is I haven't lost any weight despite staying well under 1500 calories daily and exercising vigorously for 45mins to 2 hours most days.
    hmmmmmmm any ideas ?

If the exercise is new, you are likely retaining water, which is why your scale isn't moving.
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Day 22 and still going strong! Everyone is smashing this heading into the home stretch!
  • Bluerunbiker
    Options

If the exercise is new, you are likely retaining water, which is why your scale isn't moving.

exercise isnt new but cutting the beer is lol
    still not moving today but oddly i feel thinner

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Day 549 for me apparently. The length of this streak is unintentional. In 2018 I went 160ish days over the summer. I planned to do the same in 2019 but then I had surgery, my activity went way up, I started getting up at early o'clock every morning to exercise and alcohol does not fit me very well anymore. I probably would have had something on my cruise in the spring but covid cancelled it.

Life is better when alcohol is an occasional visitor not a squatter in your head. Some people cannot even handle that much but I am fortunate that I did not go over the cliff, I just visited the edge for longer than was good for me.
  • murph155
    murph155 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Gee, if only I had seen this sooner! :D
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I haven't drunk any alcohol this whole month!
  • Bluerunbiker
    Options
    survived 31 days woo hoo
    however i have a few cools ones in the fridge for later lol
  • dave_in_ni
    dave_in_ni Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone. I'm off it 18 months now and no regrets.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Now seeing this in November, but what was the definition of sober?

I've never been drunk in 54 years, but I do take a drink of various alcoholic beverages occasionally.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,956 Member
    Options
    The OP stopped posting in the thread on October 7 - presumably because he decided it was a bad idea. :)