Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    sviers13 wrote: »
    I met my goals on Saturday and I’ve lost weight!!

What I’ve learned since joining this group is that consistency is key. Small reasonable goals that I can actually meet.

Yes.. consistency is the key. I am learning this so much. I met my goals last year, but didn't keep up with logging and being accountable. All of these things are so important. .. it is a lifestyle change.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Coming in late today. Just gonna post some quick goals. A whole lot of crap hit the fan on Thursday and Friday and now I and the rest of my class are quarantined for the next two weeks. Oh, joy...

Today I will:
    - JFT :smiley:
    - write 1 blog post
    - spend some time on my author social media accounts
    - clean off tables
    - edit two chapters of USS
    - read something entertaining
    - read 2 articles
    - clear out inbox(go through blogging related emails)
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Sunday 25 October

Log :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals just
    Happy Scale weight trend ⬇️ 0.8 kg lost in last 7 days 😊
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    edited October 2020
    🎃🕸🕷👻🕷🕸🎃
    🎃🕸🕷👻OCTOBER🦹👻🕷🕸🎃
    🎃🕸🕷👻🕸🕷🎃
    What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2[c]
      1 Aug: 149.9
      01 Sept: 149.4
      09 Sept: 149.5
      1 Oct: 149.2
      October Daily Goals: Week 4 Update -
      Thu: ✅ Fri: ✅ Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅
      Mon: Tue: Wed:

Couldn’t get into Community yesterday. Clocks in uk have gone back, and Fitbit is acting oddly.
      cwfhi2q88jvu.jpg

Weight < 150: ✅ (revised fro 155)
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      2020:
      1 Sept 149.4
      13 Sept: 152.2 (birthday - DH)
      1 Oct: 149.2
      18 Oct: 147.2
      24 Oct: 146.0
      Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2[/s] 23.9
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7 30.9:
      Calories in the green ✅
      Steps > 7500 ✅
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅
      Active hours > 6 daily ✅
      Fitbit Sleep challenge Day 11 ✅ 11/14

Positive intentions:
      🌟Meditation ✅
      🌟Exercise ✅
      🌟Family Skype ✅
      🌟 Declutter ✅
      🌟Laundry ✅ 🌟 Circuits ✅
      😜Housework ✅🌟 Plan shopping
      🌟Shopping
      🌟Crochet🦄 🌟Puzzles ✅
      🌟Watch TV ✅ 🌟 Read ✅🌟

Spent the day adjusting to time change Fitbit when bananas, but I think I have it sorted now. 😂

🦋 Terri

• inkynelle
      inkynelle Posts: 9 Member
      I hope you all had a great weekend.

Even though today was my "cheat day", I ended up doing about 15 minutes of cardio because I have been slacking all week. I'm very worried I'll see a weight increase tomorrow instead of a decrease. I've switched from 11am-7pm to 10pm-6am shifts, and so the last few weeks of training and getting adjusted have been tough for me. (48 hours the first week, and 44 this week) I'm only just starting to find this new rhythm.

Does anyone have any tips about working overnights/being a night owl? I feel like sometimes it's harder because things like MFP and my Fitbit are adjusted to a "normal" day...so I'm just kind of lost on how I should be tracking things. Also, any tips about trying to keep weight off while being a night owl. I'm trying not to eat within 3-4 hours before I come home and go to bed, and trying to make sure I drink plenty of water.
    • littleblackskirt
      littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
      JFT Monday 26th October

Log everything
      Stay in the green
      Admin, plus phone calls to sort out other people's mistakes
      Speak to GP
    • ZizzyBumble
      Monday 26October

Log
      Stay in the green
      5 fruit and veg
      Water
      Fitbit exercise goals
      Happy Scale weight trend ⬇️ 0.4 kg lost in last 7 days 😊
    • TiffanyPe17
      TiffanyPe17 Posts: 107 Member
      I feel like I need a good kick in the butt right now. I was doing so good with losing weight, and then I had to shift my focus to rebuilding my business and moving the office so I stopped tracking or even eating well. As a result I am gaining weight. It’s so frustrating. Today is my first day back to my full time job from maternity leave, and then after work I have a meeting with a community board I am on and then a client for my business. It’s going to be a long and full day, but I am going to do my best to make smart and healthy choices and to track my calories. I am going to work out as soon as I finish my coffee, and I may be able to sneak a walk in at work today. I’m going to get back on track and hit my goals.

So, Just for today, Monday Oct. 26,2020 I will:

•Work out
      •Go to work
      •Community meeting
      •Client
      •Track all food
      •Walk?
      •Set up 3 interviews for SFP for this week
      •Be kind to myself

Wish me luck!
    • SERmom3
      SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
      @littleblackskirt - How’s your back?

@Bex953172 - yikes! Sounds like you guys had to make some tough decisions, but you’re doing what’s best for your family. I hope it all gets sorted out soon.

@inkynelle - I think you can adjust/rename the categories in your diary. I remember seeing people change it to a time of day instead of breakfast.

@ZizzyBumble - weight keeps trending down. Nice work!

JFT MONDAY:
      - Log food / stay green
      - No chips or snacks
      - 10,000 steps
      - Dance and soccer for the girls
      - Library pickup
      - Get house back in order after the weekend
      - Meal prep
      - Complete paperwork for fundraisers
      - Virtual chorus rehearsal

I’m encouraged that the scale went down this morning. I want it to keep going in the right direction!

***NO CHIPS OR SNACKING IN OCTOBER**
      Earn a leaf 🍁 for each day I complete without one bite of chips (crisps) or mindless snacking! 🤐
      October 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,1619,20,22
      🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

Have a great day! 🦇
    • littleblackskirt
      littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
      edited October 2020
      @SERmom3 my back is not good yet, I still can't straighten up fully and everything I do is painful and slow. I'm very frustrated with it, I'm missing being able to go for a walk! Going back to osteopath tomorrow so fingers crossed.

@TiffanyPe17 wishing you luck today, you sound very busy. You should be proud of yourself that you're managing so much with such a small baby :)
    • WellingTX
      WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
      Great day and a mixed week. Gained .6 #

For Sunday, put in the extra effort to finish the week strong. With a little work I can set 2020 high points for time, miles, weights, crunches and push ups. I’m committing to make it happen.

1900 calories. Week won’t be good due to Saturday but I can make today positive: 1740 for the day, 2120 for the week. Was under 6 days but off the rails on Saturday
      Work out for 1 hour 45 minutes: 2 hours 8 minutes for the day. 2020 high of 9 hours 25 minutes for the week including 2020 highs for miles at 18.30, weights at #3360, crunches at 450 and push ups at 114
      Make good choices: Made them all day
      Support my bride: Easy to do
      Eat dinner at the table and walk afterwards, both unplugged. DON’T EAT ON THE COUCH: Dinner at the table, unplugged but chose not to stroll after dinner. Didn’t give in to the couch

For Monday, keep the focus on doing the right things. Trust the long haul.

1900 calories:
      Work out for 80 minutes, find the time:
      Make good choices:
      Support my bride:
      Eat dinner at the table, unplugged. Don’t snack on the couch:
      [/quote]

• sviers13
      sviers13 Posts: 109 Member
      Didn’t do so well yesterday. I actually got really sick and threw up after dinner. But today is a new day.

Eat only one serving
      Log everything
      Exercise even if only for ten minutes.
    • HEGoddard0928
      HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member

Today I will:
      - JFT :smiley:
      - write 1 blog post 😔
      - spend some time on my author social media accounts 😁
      - clean off tables😁
      - edit two chapters of USS😔 Decided to table this for now and finish book 2 first.
      - read something entertaining 😁 Finished a book I was reading. It was good
      - read 2 articles 😁 Actually ended reading like 5 or 6
      - clear out inbox(go through blogging related emails)😐 went through writing related emails instead. Lol. But did cut down the inbox by about half

First day of virtual this week. It's been interesting so far and we're only 3 periods into the school day. I'll have to wait and see what the rest of the day is like.

It's rainy and gross out today. I'm gonna take a bath after school is over I think. Try and get rid of this chill I've caught.

Okay, into goals.
      Today I will:
      - Up at 645😁
      - post 😁
      - school (7-11:15)
      - trash can
      - finish scene for DS
      - actually cook dinner
      - check FB group
      - spend some time on Twitter under my author page

• cschmitz110515
      cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
      edited October 2020
      Makes me sad to see so many struggling. Hugs (virtual of course) to everyone!!!

JFT M 10/26 ~ rest day
      1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
      2) Meals & snacks prelogged / net cals zero / 14 cups water
      3) Work in office day: to-do list / Facebook Live 12:00 / keep up w/ emails / AJNH progress
      4) Grocery shop on way home / remember to buy bday cards for Nov. / boil eggs / wash dishes / complete LTC paperwork / start to pack bday gift for J / one other chore?
      5) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

Yesterday was a bit scattered. Went to church in a.m. & pastor had very good message for me to hear. After, car wouldn't start. Luckily had phone w/ me so called hubby (he sleeps in due to 2nd shift work schedule). He came to my rescue & realized one cable to battery had worked loose. When new battery was installed in Sept, the battery guy didn't connect exactly correct or tightly, and cable eventually disconnected. So glad that's all it was! Easy fix for hubby, then once home he finished the job with proper tools. That shot the entire morning.

Afternoon walked dog 3.85 miles and did 3 loads of laundry. Made spinach spaghetti for supper. Much busier Sunday than planned but glad things got done. Hubby time in evening was the perfect end to the weekend.

Happy we walked when we did, because light snow started to fall late afternoon. Grass & trees are lightly snow covered this morning but pavement mostly just wet. Second year in a row when snowfall before Halloween. Very pretty, wish I'd taken photo. But too soon!

2020 Goals:
      1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
      2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
      3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
      4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again) / 6.30.20 / 8.6.20 (forgot July 31 & crazy schedule) / 8.31.20 / 9.30.20
      5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
      6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 on 1.10.20 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 on 2.8.20 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race on 4.2.20 w/ dog 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5.2.20 walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5.16.20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5.18.20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race on 6.6.20 w/ dog 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace" / Hope Isn't Canceled virtual 10K on 8.29.20 w/ dog 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36 / Packers 5K virtual race 9.26.20 w/ dog 52:23 ave. pace 16:41 / Bellin Women's 5K virtual race 10.10.20 w/ dog 52:55 ave. pace 16:57 / virtual Run for the Hill of It 5K on 10.16.20 w/ dog 50:35 ave. pace 16:16
      7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July / small declutter projects around house October
      Word for 2020: Persist
    • ZizzyBumble
      Monday 26October

Log :)
      Stay in the green :)
      5 fruit and veg :)
      Water :/
      Fitbit exercise goals :)
      Happy Scale weight trend ⬇️ 0.4 kg lost in last 7 days 😊

• TiffanyPe17
      @littleblackskirt thank you!
    • TiffanyPe17
      So, Just for today, Monday Oct. 26,2020 I will:

•Work out✅
      •Go to work-✅ran into a small problem and have to work from home for the next week. But,
      Work was busy and productive. All and all it was a good first day back.
      •Community meeting✅
      •Client✅
      •Track all food✅
      •Walk?❌ Too busy and the weather was cold and rainy.
      •Set up 3 interviews for SFP for this week ✅✅I set up 2!
      •Be kind to myself✅

I am proud of how today went

• TerriRichardson112
      TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
      @Bex953172 So sorry you are having to deal with this. Could the Housing association rehouse you if your neighbours are giving you grief?
    • mytime6630
      mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
      edited October 2020

5 pound challenge between now and Christmas..
      SW: 189.1 on Oct 1
      1st goal weight by Nov 1st: 184 (new goal is now 189 -- since only 1 more week left).
      2nd goal by Dec 1st : 182
      3rd goal by Jan 1st: 179 -- 178 is my 1st goal weight (I am 5'11" tall).
      Todays weight 187.4
      10/1: 189
      10/2: 189.
      10/3: 188.8
      10/5: 188.6
      10/8: 187.5
      10/10: 190
      10/13: 187.5
      10/23: 190.6
      10/25: 189.4
      10/26: 187.4

JFT, SUnday, 10.25
      1. log all food :)
      2. eat lite lunch .. since had a bigger breakfast :)
      3. mindful eating :)
      4. concentrate on drinking water in the evening :) Crystal lite is helping .. except I drink so much of it I am up every 2 hrs!
      5. get back on here . be accountable :)

Realized I did not post my goals last nite. But today I did good again .. of course, it is just 7 ... so the rest of the nite, drinking my water (er .. crystal lite)

Cold, rainy day today so I did not get out for my walk. My walks are shorter because it is so cold out .. I was walking 6+ miles a day, but I am hoping all winter to at least get in 3 miles, especially since I am still not going to the gym. And I'm not really a home exerciser. I tried that with youtube videos ... too many interruptions.

JFT, Tues
      1. log all food
      2. mindful eating
      3. eat lite lunch
      4. concentrate on water in evening
      5. get back on here. be accountable.

@Bex -good to see your pretty face, but so sorry you had to move. I know you really liked that home, but your safety is what is important. Sounds like some real whaco neighbors. I hope you find another place that you love as much.