This is hilarious.

Options
2»

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    everybody deserves compassion, no matter what it is they have done.

Those who prey on the most innocent and vulnerable do not deserve compassion.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    everybody deserves compassion, no matter what it is they have done.

nope.
    If you rape someone you don't deserve my compassion.
    If you murder an innocent person you don't deserve my compassion.
    Hell, if you kick a puppy you don't deserve my compassion, because all of the above make you an @sshole and @ssholes don't deserve anything at all.
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I am a rape victim. I have pity on my attacker because he will have to live with it for the rest of his life, knowing what he did. It is because I can have compassion for a person that has done such a wrong to me that I am the person I am today and why I can say that everyone deserves compassion no matter what they have done. hanging onto anger will make you bitter. I have to live with what happened for the rest of my life too, but at least I have talked about it while he just sits at his home and denies it day after day, no matter that he created a child by doing it. It will always haunt him and I pity him because of that because I rarely think of it anymore. Call me crazy, but I am a Christian and if I did not have compassion on others then I wouldn't be a very good Christian would I? No I wouldn't.
  • pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    This show is pretty much a lesson to those who do prey on young, vulnerable children. It exposes the people that do and that creates a negative reinforcement. Many times the people who do things like this think that there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. When they see something like this they may realize that wow maybe this isn't cool and there are consequences. Another show I like a lot is cheaters. Yes there is a lot of crying and hurt feelings but it just points out that there things do happen and sometimes unless you embaress someone or make them feel awful they will never change.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    but I am a Christian and if I did not have compassion on others then I wouldn't be a very good Christian would I? No I wouldn't.

ahhh, see....I'm not, so I am free to hate murderers and rapists like they deserve to be hated without fear of going to some imaginary fiery pit of doom....
    :flowerforyou:
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I am a rape victim. I have pity on my attacker because he will have to live with it for the rest of his life, knowing what he did. It is because I can have compassion for a person that has done such a wrong to me that I am the person I am today and why I can say that everyone deserves compassion no matter what they have done. hanging onto anger will make you bitter. I have to live with what happened for the rest of my life too, but at least I have talked about it while he just sits at his home and denies it day after day, no matter that he created a child by doing it. It will always haunt him and I pity him because of that because I rarely think of it anymore. Call me crazy, but I am a Christian and if I did not have compassion on others then I wouldn't be a very good Christian would I? No I wouldn't.
    These people do not deserve compassion because they aren't sorry for what they've done, they're only sorry they got caught! I do, however, have compassion for you! You have obviously gone through some horrendous times that have scarred you deeply, I hope you find peace with it soon.
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    These people do not deserve compassion because they aren't sorry for what they've done, they're only sorry they got caught! I do, however, have compassion for you! You have obviously gone through some horrendous times that have scarred you deeply, I hope you find peace with it soon.

This.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

I give compassion where compassion is deserved.I was also raped and feel no compassion for the one that did it and did it to others besides me.I also have no anger or bitterness toward him I could not care less about him one way or the other.
    but men that want to have sex with kids deserve everything they have coming to them when they get busted on TV and it makes me very happy
  • boomboom011
    Options
    here are some sick pups out there in this world. i do find it a bit humorous when they start crying. only because what a joke! freaking perverts! sickos!
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I find this show pretty funny because of the false drama they put into the hilarious words in the chat logs, and how dumbfounded the criminal is when he's caught. Arguing over humor is a stupid thing, it is impossible for either side to win. I am also a rape victim, and I give no compassion or pity to rapists. Maybe some people are "stronger" or "kinder" than me but I have no place for them in my heart, and wish all of them would get caught and do their time in jail.
  • britterbrittney
    britterbrittney Posts: 256 Member
    Options

You are a rape *survivor*.

I work with victims and survivors of domestic and sexual violence, everyday. To me, this show is a mockery of what thousands of people go through. They make a joke out of what those people were willing to do to an adolescent. It is not a joke. Although it does bring the issue to the forefront, it does not explain the whole picture. I hope the show has provided education for young girls to be careful online.

That being said, typically people who sexually assault or abuse others have a history. I do NOT agree nor condone their actions, but there is research available that says the assailants were once sexually abused. It is a cycle. And the cycle needs to stop. This show, is hopefully helping with that. From the few episodes I have watched, the sentences were not very harsh. It is hard to put someone away for a long time with the 'intent' to do something.

In addition, it is a psychological thing. People who rape do not rape for sex. It is the control. It is the satisfaction of getting away with it. It is not for sex. That being said, the only, logical response I can think of, is for the perps to go through therapy. Extensive therapy to change their thought pattern.

If we continue to ignore the problem (the rapist)....they will continue to rape. It's a fact.

So this is my response to people saying that are not compassionate for rapists. I'm not saying you need to be compassionate, because frankly I am not. I am compassionate about ending rape.

I saw this picture earlier today... this probably sums up what I've said.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr8dsjsPg01qcgbf4o1_500.jpg