Options
1235»

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    I'm so sorry for the awfulness of the symptoms you're having! The doctors need to get their butts in gear--it's not logical you should be allergic to your own hormones!

(((((hugs))))))) :heart:

This was my first thought. My husbands cousin has suddenly developed an allergy to her own hormones and it is crazy how the medical community won't do much about it.

Umm because there isn’t much to do about that other than medication for allergic reaction which she is already on. Some aren’t good for pregnancy either. Doctors aren’t God and can’t fix everything that goes wrong with the human body.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    This thread is from 2016 so the baby is (hopefully) three and a half now!
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Isn't it dangerous to you as well to take more than the recommended dose of a medication?
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Do you itch intensely? Like your skin burning itch? Look into intrahepatic cholestasis it happens in pregnancy. My friend has it while pregnant and it’s miserable
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure the baby was had already.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure the baby was had already.

Hopefully, that’s a long time ago😉
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    What is absolutely striking to me is the anti-Holistic sentiment on this old thread. It's not like Functional Medicine (many MDs) are witch docs. Remember 2016?? It was when traditional docs were handing out opioids like candy. Four years makes a whole world of difference. Without Functional medicine, my wife would be dead today.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I searched for OP’s recent posting history and she states she was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder after her pregnancy and is now on medication. @elphie754 how about an update for everyone since some might have similar issues now and your insight could be helpful! And also people are hoping everything turned out okay.