Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

March Madness!!!!

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Everyone MARCHING along this morning? :laugh: I had blueberry pancakes for breakfast..yum yum!!! I hope today is as good, if not better, than yesterday!:flowerforyou:

HUP TWO THREE FOUR
    THROW THOSE COOKIES OUT THE DOOR! (dont let the dog get em though)

oh ya ...another day already? cruisin and marchin and feelin good!
  • dw1080
    dw1080 Posts: 38 Member
    What happened to Dave? Did he switch to human growth hormone?
  • Dave198lbs
    What happened to Dave? Did he switch to human growth hormone?

isn't amazing what a few push ups can do? SLAMMIN!

that pic is the one and only Mickey Rourke
    Have you seen the movie "The Wrestler"?
    If not..go see it... NOW!
    great movie and inspirational
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    If sardines make ya that muscular, I better learn to like them!:laugh:

I haven't watched the movie yet but I will.:flowerforyou:
  • mpdes
    mpdes Posts: 40
    I totally fell of the wagon, keep going over my calories everyday :S I was very good the last two months :(
  • Dave198lbs
    I totally fell of the wagon, keep going over my calories everyday :S I was very good the last two months :(

well...totally climb back on and start fresh...reward your body with some good clean water and spank yourself...if you cant spank yourself...do some stretching!! LOL
  • Losing_It
    Sheesh...today sucks! It's just been one of THOSE days! I'm in a bit chy mood and I want to eat everything in the kitchen..well, except for the wood!:laugh:

I haven't gone over on calories. I guess that's a positive.:sick:
  • dw1080
    Question: When you look up rice to add to a meal and it say 1/4 dry, does that mean 1/4 cup before you cooked it? I assume so, but just checking. Thanks.

DW
  • Dave198lbs
    Question: When you look up rice to add to a meal and it say 1/4 dry, does that mean 1/4 cup before you cooked it? I assume so, but just checking. Thanks.

DW

yes...I had the same prob with rice and pasta always measure it out dry....wet and it fills the cup 40 times

...I hope that is brown rice my friend..white rice is really brown rice that has been stripped of the good nutrition because people think white is better than brown...how wacked is that?
  • dw1080
    1/4 cup dry is a LOT of rice then... at least 2 cups wet. Yes, I ate brown tonight. Thanks for the pointer, again. Unfortunately, when I was at an oriental market, I bought a 20 lb. bag of jasmine rice. OOPS. Might have to throw some of that out. :smile:

DW
  • dw1080
    Day 4, I made it. On to 5.
  • Losing_It
    Day 5 is here! I have a cold...probably why I was so moody yesterday! I'm ready to crawl back in bed and spend the day!:laugh: I hope you all have a wonderful day!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Other than that 1 day of being over, I have been right on for the rest of the days.

I feel proud. haha.
  • Losing_It
    Other than that 1 day of being over, I have been right on for the rest of the days.

I feel proud. haha.

You should be proud!!! Every success counts!:flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    1/4 cup dry is a LOT of rice then... at least 2 cups wet. Yes, I ate brown tonight. Thanks for the pointer, again. Unfortunately, when I was at an oriental market, I bought a 20 lb. bag of jasmine rice. OOPS. Might have to throw some of that out. :smile:

DW

nah...it isnt that bad
    moderation with it...lots of carbs but could be alot worse
  • dw1080
    I just finished my second day. I am still shocked to see al the calories I eat.
    Did not expect that papaya had so many cal and kidney beans.
    It's a real wake up site.
    Trying out new food combinations with lower cal
    good luck everyone

Franciss, this is the first time I have ever counted calories. It has given me a WHOLE new perspective on food and I have been eating much, much better. I have being staying completely away from processed foods and I really feel the difference. If you pick your foods wisely, you can eat quite a bit of food without going overboard on calories. I just have to work on reasonable portions and eating throughout the day while saving enough calories for a satisfying dinner.

Good luck.
  • Dave198lbs
    I just finished my second day. I am still shocked to see al the calories I eat.
    Did not expect that papaya had so many cal and kidney beans.
    It's a real wake up site.
    Trying out new food combinations with lower cal
    good luck everyone

Franciss, this is the first time I have ever counted calories. It has given me a WHOLE new perspective on food and I have been eating much, much better. I have being staying completely away from processed foods and I really feel the difference. If you pick your foods wisely, you can eat quite a bit of food without going overboard on calories. I just have to work on reasonable portions and eating throughout the day while saving enough calories for a satisfying dinner.

Good luck.

I think that was one of the biggest shockers for me was the portion sizes...man...I used to just dump the cereal in to the bowl and now I know I was eating like 6-7 servings at a time....this is all good and can be fun.....glad you all are here on this journey
    Dave
  • Losing_It
    I hear ya'll on the portion sizes. Especially with the cereal!:noway: That was a big eye opener for me. My hubby bugs the hell out of me (I don't know WHY it irks him) about measuring everything...he always says
    "So what if you have just 1/4 more of a cup of "whatever"...1/4th isn't enough to make a difference!!" WRONG..it makes a huge difference when you only have so many calories to work with! :grumble:
  • dw1080
    Looks like I made it on day 5. Hope everyone else is doing well.

DW
  • Losing_It
    I did great on Day 5....here's to an awesome 6 for everyone!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

(P.S. Looky at my ticker):drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.