Mom bod thread

Options

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,561 Member
    Options
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    Man alive I missed some good activity last night.

@MelG7777 you are glorious, as always. 5 kids? You need a vacation!

@KickassAmazon76 you are spectacular! Our own body images hijack who we are. Its a shame you can't see yourself as we do. You should be on the cover of a magazine. I'd buy every copy.

You are too sweet! ❤️
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Mom of two early teens.

Pose struck vs normal standing. I'm backsliding and feeling worse every day... I've totally lost all motivation. Somehow I need to find it again.

2vnhrgkptx2c.jpg

giphy-8.gif

😊😂
    tenor.gif?ctx=share
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,470 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Mom of two early teens.

Pose struck vs normal standing. I'm backsliding and feeling worse every day... I've totally lost all motivation. Somehow I need to find it again.

2vnhrgkptx2c.jpg

I gotta agree with all the other comments here...you look great now! I always say any workout you do when your not motivated counts double! :wink:

A tip I stole from Graeme Obree.....ALWAYS start your workout. If you still don't feel like it after 5 minutes then stop!...but ALWAYS start. Good luck! :smile:
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options

2vnhrgkptx2c.jpg

Looking great - long legs mmm

• KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Tallawah_ wrote: »
    Mom of two early teens.

2vnhrgkptx2c.jpg

I gotta agree with all the other comments here...you look great now! I always say any workout you do when your not motivated counts double! :wink:

A tip I stole from Graeme Obree.....ALWAYS start your workout. If you still don't feel like it after 5 minutes then stop!...but ALWAYS start. Good luck! :smile:

Thank you 😊

For me, after being off for months, I think the hardest thing is starting again. Because the last weight routine ended in failure (wasn't well, fighting an injury, and failed a 5x5 squat set I normally could nail easily), I have a hard time mentally starting again.

I know I need to get over it, but I struggle with that. I've been looking at old deadlift pr videos though, and it's starting to rekindle the flame.

@seepersaud lol yep. Sucks to try and find pants long enough tho! My length is not common! 🤪
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,030 Member
    Options
    Mom of two early teens.

2vnhrgkptx2c.jpg

Thank you 😊

For me, after being off for months, I think the hardest thing is starting again. Because the last weight routine ended in failure (wasn't well, fighting an injury, and failed a 5x5 squat set I normally could nail easily), I have a hard time mentally starting again.

I know I need to get over it, but I struggle with that. I've been looking at old deadlift pr videos though, and it's starting to rekindle the flame.

@seepersaud lol yep. Sucks to try and find pants long enough tho! My length is not common! 🤪

I love pants that don’t cover my ankles...and I’m 5’4” so sometimes I cuff them. My point is, I’ll bet it looks cute even if they’re a little short on you.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Mom of two early teens.

2vnhrgkptx2c.jpg

Thank you 😊

I love pants that don’t cover my ankles...and I’m 5’4” so sometimes I cuff them. My point is, I’ll bet it looks cute even if they’re a little short on you.

it's funny but it's the one feeling I can't stand. Maybe because of the height. When you struggle with having pants long enough for so long because you're stupid tall... it feels wrong even if it comes round in style. the fit just feels off. Thankfully alloyapparel.com sells pants and jeans that have a 37" inseam - so that's the only place I shop. Sometimes it's a miss, but most times they're pretty decent pants!
  • MelG7777
    Options
    Mom of two early teens.

2vnhrgkptx2c.jpg

Thank you 😊

it's funny but it's the one feeling I can't stand. Maybe because of the height. When you struggle with having pants long enough for so long because you're stupid tall... it feels wrong even if it comes round in style. the fit just feels off. Thankfully alloyapparel.com sells pants and jeans that have a 37" inseam - so that's the only place I shop. Sometimes it's a miss, but most times they're pretty decent pants!

That’s what I was kinda thinking....if you don’t always have the choice it’s not really great. I could see that. Even my workout leggings I get 7/8 length or short. Regulars are so long.
  • seepersaud
    Options

How tall are you?
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    seepersaud wrote: »

How tall are you?

6'1"
  • seepersaud
    Options

How tall are you?

6'1"

Lovely!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

How tall are you?

6'1"

tenor.gif?itemid=11295683
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

How tall are you?

6'1"

tenor.gif?itemid=11295683

😊❤️😊
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Mom of two early teens.

2vnhrgkptx2c.jpg

Thank you 😊

I feel exactly the same way. I spent my teens and young adulthood being teased about wearing "flood pants" because long inseams for women were very rare back then. I'll be damned if I wear too-short pants on purpose now.

The SO wears a 38" inseam and that's not much easier to find for men, even with my finely honed online shopping skills.
  • MelG7777
    Options
    Bumping....cuz it should be.
  • MelG7777
    Options

Thank you for this! It's kind of neat to look back at me posting about how I should get back into lifting and boxing... And I did! That made me happy 😊

That’s great! I’m happy for you. Great way to end the year. ❤️ (Now get to posting☺️🙏)
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

Thank you for this! It's kind of neat to look back at me posting about how I should get back into lifting and boxing... And I did! That made me happy 😊

That’s great! I’m happy for you. Great way to end the year. ❤️ (Now get to posting☺️🙏)

Haha, I'm all over the place in here. Y'all don't need anymore! 😂
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    68wwv3tkj4ct.jpg

My 2019 throwback

#TBT

Damn girl! Those legs are fire! 🔥 🔥