do you eat carb ?

2»

Replies

• IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    I think I AM a carb at this point. You'll have to pry carbs from my cold, dead hands.

I think I like you <3

:)
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    I think I AM a carb at this point. You'll have to pry carbs from my cold, dead hands.

YES! At this point, I think some of my best friends are carbs. I would NEVER dream of giving up carbs. 😊

Oh, I have long talks with my friends pasta, pizza and beer. Sometimes rice and potatoes join us.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    "do you eat carb ?"

Yes lots, of all kinds including starchy carbs.

Been maintaining at goal weight for almost 8 years, enjoying good health, enoying my food and enjoying the energy those carbs give me for lots of exercise and a highly active lifestyle.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    I love carbs, although I do try to eat balanced meals, and find myself tired and sluggish when I overdo it on the carbs. I nap after a dinner of pasta or pizza, but don't feel that need when I have a protein, salad, vegetables, etc.

I don't try to hit specific macro targets, but over a long period of time my carbs have averaged 35 % as per the Food Diary.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member

Iron enriched bread carb?
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    heybales wrote: »

Iron enriched bread carb?

And occasional potato.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,702 Member
    I found a delicious, wholemeal, seeded loaf that for 100 calories will provide 2.2g fibre, 3.7g protein, 9% of my calcium and 10% of my iron requirements for the day. What's not to like?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,525 Member
    You asked about the benefits of some of these foods!

I present to you... your history!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_agriculture
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Love bread for sandwiches and for toast, love rice as a side dish and part of a main dish but it doesn't love me. Given I have type two diabetes and it doesn't agree with my blood sugar, so I rarely have either now and when I do I make sure it's whole grain bread in moderation and the rice is the brown rice variety which I really don't love but it's better as part of a main dish and not a side.

I try to have vegetables mainly as my carbs and rare fruit consumption as well.

And the reason for consumption of rice people like it and it's very affordable to buy in bulk and can stretch plenty of meals if one has too. I find bread not to be as affordable now a days, given the bread I just purchased was $4.00 for a 16 oz loaf. If I spent $4.00 on rice I could have 4 or 5 pounds of it.

IDK, other foods aren't as reasonable.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited November 2020
    Whole grains, along with fresh fruits and vegetables, are important for gut health. Because fiber. I eat either whole grain gereal or oatmeal nearly every day for breakfast. I eat a sandwich on whole wheat bread almost every day for lunch. And I have brown rice, whole wheat pasta, potatoes/sweet potatoes or a starchy vegetable like peas or corn every day for dinner. I have easily lost weight eating this way, as long as I count calories and also include enough fats and protein.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Sounds yum. Do you have a recipe for the dinner?

I'm making a 12 bean soup for my election watching (or ignoring).
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I had rice and tortilla chips with dinner and am now sitting here with animal crackers. Yes, I eat carbs.