Any thoughts on MFP being sold?

Options
2»

Replies

• _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Maybe it won't be a public forum anymore. Maybe they will start charging for the app to be downloaded and it will all remain the same. Maybe all the banned people will be allowed to come back.. Maybe I just don't really care at all what happens. In the end, all the people I care to be in touch with I can talk to them outside of here if this place ever disappears.

if the forums go away... you can send me cards and letters to the same address that we use for the underwear exchange.

I was kinda thinking of hand delivering them but if I must....
  • amitgagal
    amitgagal Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I think yes.. they're sharing our information to other companies so they can show us weight loss ads
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Maybe it won't be a public forum anymore. Maybe they will start charging for the app to be downloaded and it will all remain the same. Maybe all the banned people will be allowed to come back.. Maybe I just don't really care at all what happens. In the end, all the people I care to be in touch with I can talk to them outside of here if this place ever disappears.

if the forums go away... you can send me cards and letters to the same address that we use for the underwear exchange.

I was kinda thinking of hand delivering them but if I must....

someone gotta have contact info on leut underpants dont they? I thought he promised to build us new forums if this ever sank?

(tongue in cheek, it will all be ok!)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    If you're not paying for it, you're not the customer. You're the product.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    You're the product.

..... and for an extra $19.95 I'll throw in an extended three month warranty and express shipping !

But hurry, this offer expires soon.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

Anything is possible. They might delete all threads and start their own forum. Might be very streamlined. But then again, those kinds of forums wither up and die in no time at all. A good forum always needs some beating hearts, most of them won't be found on center stage but are the stagehands making everything work. Shake, rattle and roll. This includes those Moderators that are smooth operators always working behind the scenes.

Private groups. Have you checked how many one man bands are out there with only one member and no posts. Whopping boatloads. Connection matters. All work and no play makes Jack a very dull boy, about as interesting as watching paint dry.

9cd522e787e384052e0020da08b06047.gif
  • Motorsheen
    Options

I thought this was only for me?

For you, there's an adjective before underwear..... it's " Special !" Underwear.

Honestly, most anybody can trade ordinary underwear, amiright?
  • Motorsheen
    Options

For you, there's an adjective before underwear..... it's " Special !" Underwear.

My spice rack totally paid off, amiright?

One Hundred Percent.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    x4nidv9ea7x8.gif

My spice rack totally paid off, amiright?

One Hundred Percent.

Ok, ok..this has nothing to do with our conversation, but I nearly peed my pants when I saw this. Had to share, perhaps someone will appreciate my 9 year old sense of humor. 😂

wondering what that kitty had for lunch.....
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    That poor cat. Musta got hold of a bad mouse or something.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Talk about lighting a fire under your rearend. That's one way to get your @$$ moving in the morning.