Slytherin Common Room :)

Options

Replies

• Reneda
    Reneda Posts: 140
    Options
    MacSkillz... sorry - - - i didn't participate in the weekend challenge... i definitely kept the water intake up this weekend but i didn't move much - - unless you count wandering the fairgrounds with my daughter allllll dayyyy on Saturday!!!! ;-)

i really like your idea of doing the mini challenges just to keep us moving.. does anyone on here ever participate in the mini challenges that are posted on the forum? i like the way they do it such as "your challenge is to do 200 situps today.. or 200 pushups, etc.."

anyways, my challenge to all you slytherins is to do 200 squats today... who's with me????
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options

anyways, my challenge to all you slytherins is to do 200 squats today... who's with me????

I will do it!!!
  • almostgoth
    almostgoth Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'll do it....
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    So I thought up some daily challenges for everyone if you choose to accept them:

Wednesday: 100 jumping jacks and keep your sodium intake under 2,500 mg.
    Thursday: 50 push-ups (regular or modified) and keep your carb intake under your goal
    Friday: walk at least 1.5 miles and drink at least 9 cups of water
    Saturday: 1 minute Bear Crawl (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7AMnJgdt78) and keep your fat intake under your goal.
    Sunday: Rest
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    Options
    So I thought up some daily challenges for everyone if you choose to accept them:

Thursday: 50 push-ups (regular or modified) and keep your carb intake under your goal
    Saturday: 1 minute Bear Crawl (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7AMnJgdt78) and keep your fat intake under your goal.

I can do everything but the sodium. I have to have a minimum sodium intake of 2,500 for my heart problems
  • MacSkillz
    Options

I can do everything but the sodium. I have to have a minimum sodium intake of 2,500 for my heart problems

Emma- Then your goal is to keep your sodium intake over 2,500!!! :)

To all Slytherins- If you have a medical condition that prevents you from doing any of the exercises or any of the other goals, please don't do them!! We want you healthy, not hurting yourself!
  • Reneda
    Options

Sounds like fun!!! I'm in (even though I strongly detest jumping jacks.. ;-) ) I've been doing the 30 day shred with another group and according to Jillian Michaels, everyone can do jumping jacks... I'm not so sure that I (or my floppy parts) agree....
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I am Samantha, a currently unemployed struggling author living out the "glamorous" starving artist life. I decided to start my weight loss journey seriously after being denied sedation at my dentist's office due to high blood pressure. I have a bit of a phobia of the dentist, so that is completely unacceptable.

I am a big nerd and enjoy reading, writing, and video games - leading to a very sedentary lifestyle in the past. However, I have owned DDR for several years and have just purchased a few dancing games for the Wii as well as Wii fit plus. The way I look at it is if I can make exercise fun then I will be more likely to do it. I am looking forward to eventually being able to participate in athletic competitions.

<3 DDR
  • MacSkillz
    Options

Sounds like fun!!! I'm in (even though I strongly detest jumping jacks.. ;-) ) I've been doing the 30 day shred with another group and according to Jillian Michaels, everyone can do jumping jacks... I'm not so sure that I (or my floppy parts) agree....

I detest them too. My arms don't care... it's my boobs that scream out in agony when I do them. BUT if I don't do them, then I won't reach my goal. That's how I see it - it's another way to push myself to the smaller me! :)
  • Reneda
    Options
    Did anyone do their jumping jacks??? I made it to 75... :-(

For today, I'm pretty sure I've already blown my carb intake... But I WILL get the push-ups in!!!! How is everyone else doing?
  • MacSkillz
    Options
    Did anyone do their jumping jacks??? I made it to 75... :-(

For today, I'm pretty sure I've already blown my carb intake... But I WILL get the push-ups in!!!! How is everyone else doing?

I got 100 in! What I did was break it up into 4 sessions of 25 throughout the day. I went over in Sodium though. oops.

For today - I've got 10 pushups down... 40 to go!! my carb intake is VERY VERY close to my goal, but I know that once I get in all of my exercises tonight, I'll be ok! :)
  • bubbles143
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    Sorry it's been a while, I had a computer crash, and haven't been able to get on,
    Luckily, our weigh in has been postponed a week, so everyone please keep up the good work and remember to check in this Monday!

Thank you MacSkillz,
    You were the perfect prefect taking over this room for he week and setting some goals!
    I think this week we should all suggest a goal or two and they to work them in together for next weeks goals!
    Remember Slytherin are the best because ALL of our links are strong and cunning, making us unstoppable!
    Good luck all :)
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    Options
    I forgot the jumping jacks :sad:

But I am on the pushups!! I am doing 5 sets of 10 right now!!!:bigsmile:
  • lynnspittal
    Options
    Forgot to check out this common room, so have missed everything!! As it's allready friday here in Australia I'm on to that challenge. I've allready done my Friday program at the gym which includes a good cardio and upper body workout, (treadmill included) so hopefully I've covered the 1.5 miles. The water has started and I will keep that really in my focus because its been a bit of a downfall lately! So I'm in! Gonna check out that bear crawl, bet it's nasty. I'll attempt it after my spin class tomorrow as that's a real pearler and I need all the energy I can muster to stay on that bike! Anyway even though I didn't do thos specific exercises I've been pretty good each day with other programs so have sort of passed the test, in a round about way!

Good luck all!
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    Options
    I forgot the jumping jacks :sad:

But I am on the pushups!! I am doing 5 sets of 10 right now!!!:bigsmile:
    done!
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing today? Any interesting stories? Successes? NSVs?
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    Options
    How is everyone doing today? Any interesting stories? Successes? NSVs?

Doing well today! I did 5 miles this morning! I am a bit concerned I only burned 504 calories when my old heart monitor was saying I burned many more and my new one is much less! Maybe its I am getting in shape so my heart rate stays lower...no idea. We will have to see.
    This leads me to my NSV!! I had to get a new heart rate monitor because it had become to large!!! Hubs is now wearing my old one and I got a new one for my Birthday. 25 years old on the 18th of September! That is also my Olympic triathlon!!!

How is everyone else?
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I got back from vacation on Wednesday night, and finally had time to read through all of this... ha. Time to see how much exercise can actually fit in my full schedule!!

About me:

I'm a 26 year old piano and violin teacher. I teach private lessons at my students houses. I was unschooled my whole life, and the only schooling I did was advanced piano masterclass and orchestra in college.

I've always been petit (I'm 5'2" and have always been in the weight range of 102-120 lbs in my adult life so far). Last year I had some bad stomach problems that lead me to not be able to eat for a while, so I lost a lot of weight very quickly. The doctors never found out what caused this, but the pancreatic enzymes they put me on helped enough so that I could start eating again, and slowly build my life back up to normal (almost no more cancelled work days due to unbearable stomach pains).

When I started eating normally I was ravenous, and within 5 months I went from about 104 lbs to 120 lbs. When I got to 120 I realized that if I didn't balance out my habits it would keep climbing, and I was NOT willing to let that happen.
    I heard from a friend of mine that she was having success with weight loss by using a calorie counter. I never thought I'd want to do that, but I tried it since it's in a cool app and I love cool apps :D
    So far I've really been enjoying the process. I have been doing it for over 90 days now, without even skipping one day! I log when I'm over, when I'm under, everything accurately. I've lost about 10 lbs (I vary between 106 lbs and 111 lbs mainly), and am in the maintenance stage now.

I love how logging my calories feels like a game with this site. I want to get a good score every day! This encourages me to exercise more than I ever have, which feels AWESOME.

P.S. I'm a huge HP fan. I have three cloaks and three wands, and have hosted 2 HP parties... haha I'm a huge nerd ;-D
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    A new week is coming up so we need some sort of challenge. Anyone have an ideas?
  • MacSkillz
    Options
    A new week is coming up so we need some sort of challenge. Anyone have an ideas?

Do you have any challenges that you want to do this week??

I have one for the overall week - increase your exercise by an additional 15 minutes each day if you can. That extra time will help you burn more calories and will also help with our scores for the House Cup!!