How do you stop snacking !

I am fairly active but when it comes to eating, I have brake failure ! :) . What wud u recommend as I am sure that is the road to a reduced bulk ! Do share ur suggestions !! Stay safe

Replies

• krog874
    krog874 Posts: 3 Member
    Chogila, when you find out let me know. My biggest deal breaker... snacks !! Roger
  • slw37
    slw37 Posts: 85 Member
    I have smaller meals and include snacks in my daily allowance. I'm a snacker and I'm not giving it up. This works for me so just find what works for you.
  • Oliveciabatta
    Oliveciabatta Posts: 294 Member
    I've just gone cold turkey as mindlessly snacking when I wasn't even hungry just stressed was the main cause of my weight gain. I dont need it and its easier if I just don't have snack things around the house.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    My snacks are mostly planned. I also learned a long time ago that there were just certain snack foods that I could not keep in the house...once I bite into a Dorito it's game over, so I only buy that stuff when it's an occasion, like we're going camping or something.
  • Ikeeptrying2
    Ikeeptrying2 Posts: 156 Member
    I learned long ago that not snacking is not sustainable long term so I account for it in my overall plan.

Keep in mind what like will be like for you once you hit your ultimate target weight. For me, 'living' with snacks is/was part of that. If you think you will be able to not snack - then adjust accordingly.
  • dandanes
    dandanes Posts: 1 Member
    plan snacks in advance. I eat breakfast at 7. Banana at 9 - 9:30. cup of grapes before or after the banana. After lunch I might have a small snickers bar. or if I get really hungry. I open a can of corn or peas. The point is, I plan on eating it so it's part of the end of day calorie total.
  • PremGandhi
    PremGandhi Posts: 115 Member
    Dude, just don't buy them in the first place.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    I am a snacker. I have carrot sticks, bananas, apples, and cucumber available to snack as I see fit.

I bring a set number with me for the day, I plan and add them to my calories. I know I like to munch throughout the day, so I just make sure I have choices that won’t derail my weight loss plan.
  • AnnPT77 wrote: »
    In addition to the above, think about why you snack. Hunger? Habit? Stress? Boredom?

If the reason isn't hunger, the answer isn't food.

<other good info, but wanted to highlight the line above

THIS! This was an eye opener for me. I may make a t-shirt out of it, giving AnnPT77 the credit of course!

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    And another thing is I learned that once I start eating, sometimes it is hard to stop, Eating triggers my hunger it seems and Im like a bottomless pit, so I have to stay very aware of my eating, and not to over do it. Intermittent fasting has helped me with this because I eat 12 to 8, then I go to bed, so Im not eating all day, Im able to eat and snack more during that time, and thus able to eat enough to fill full.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    chogila wrote: »
    I am fairly active but when it comes to eating, I have brake failure ! :) . What wud u recommend as I am sure that is the road to a reduced bulk ! Do share ur suggestions !! Stay safe

when I started I decided I had ti weigh and log every thing before I ate it. it cut out all the picking up things and putting them in my mouth. if I did not want to stop to weight it, it wad not really worth it. this cut the endless grazing