Replies

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    xgugs5v1m9sf.gif
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    the year is 2022, it’s “+06, mid year” according to the newly adopted universal global timekeeping system, so the weather is getting cooler.

you’re on the beach again. with all the new inlets and peninsulas crowding the Old Space it’s hard to avoid. the sky is gray and there’s a red line at the horizon, leftover from the dust storms. on your radio chatter u heard They predicted a few years before the dirt cleared the air, unless Unusual Rains swept thru again like in late year 2021.
    its not so bad, kind of pretty landscape, so u sit to rest and take in the view.

u see your worn boots silhouetted against the beach in front of u and think how u should share this moment with others, like in the Old Time when u had access to the digital landfill of images taken from other lives. u reflexively reach for the device in your pocket but pull out an old radio and remember how everything changed. u instead transmit your coordinates and report the area as Safe Passage, then pick up your pack and move on.

p5fhffh4focx.gif
  • Sophisticatted_Gentlemanz
    Options
    WWBBD
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    WWBBD

Could you be a little less vague? 😁
    When Will Burgers Be Digested ?
    Am I close? 😃
  • eng_maaka1981
    eng_maaka1981 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    When will be bed date?
    WWBBD

• tmantwo
    tmantwo Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    WWBBD

South Park episode? 😂
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    She'll be here and ready or not you will have to look her in the eyes and face facts.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »
    the year is 2022, it’s “+06, mid year” according to the newly adopted universal global timekeeping system, so the weather is getting cooler.

you’re on the beach again. with all the new inlets and peninsulas crowding the Old Space it’s hard to avoid. the sky is gray and there’s a red line at the horizon, leftover from the dust storms. on your radio chatter u heard They predicted a few years before the dirt cleared the air, unless Unusual Rains swept thru again like in late year 2021.
    its not so bad, kind of pretty landscape, so u sit to rest and take in the view.

u see your worn boots silhouetted against the beach in front of u and think how u should share this moment with others, like in the Old Time when u had access to the digital landfill of images taken from other lives. u reflexively reach for the device in your pocket but pull out an old radio and remember how everything changed. u instead transmit your coordinates and report the area as Safe Passage, then pick up your pack and move on.

One of my favorite things about dystopian stuff is how normal they make the new reality and how cohesive and unified it is. Like this doesn’t even mention all the holdouts to the newly adopted global timekeeping system. It was newly adopted, so it just IS.

I have to admit, though.. dystopian literature made me completely unprepared for 2020 and all the people who would refuse to get on board with the new reality. If there is a newly adopted global timekeeping system and Old Space and Unusual Rains and Old Time and digital landfills, I suspect there will be billions of people that are sneaking around hocking big govt conspiracies with their old timey calendars and comedians will be making bits around Unusual Rains and no one will be enjoying a polluted sunset because they’ll be calling the cops to report militia on their “lawn” because the militia refuse to accept the newly adopted property lines in the Old Space

point out your plot holes elsewhere!
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options

One of my favorite things about dystopian stuff is how normal they make the new reality and how cohesive and unified it is. Like this doesn’t even mention all the holdouts to the newly adopted global timekeeping system. It was newly adopted, so it just IS.

I have to admit, though.. dystopian literature made me completely unprepared for 2020 and all the people who would refuse to get on board with the new reality. If there is a newly adopted global timekeeping system and Old Space and Unusual Rains and Old Time and digital landfills, I suspect there will be billions of people that are sneaking around hocking big govt conspiracies with their old timey calendars and comedians will be making bits around Unusual Rains and no one will be enjoying a polluted sunset because they’ll be calling the cops to report militia on their “lawn” because the militia refuse to accept the newly adopted property lines in the Old Space

2020 is the plot hole :|
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    It was a dark and stormy night. Forever. The end.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    we'd be fools not to ride this strange torpedo all the way out to the end
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Oh well, I'm not everyone's cup of tea 😬
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

Can't be you, you're deeeeeelightful. And sarcastic af, which I adore. ;)
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

Can't be you, you're deeeeeelightful. And sarcastic af, which I adore. ;)

😘
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options

2020 is the plot hole :|

😂I enjoyed this read