Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    emmies_123 wrote: »
    VeryKatie wrote: »

You should definitely have an HR person in this meeting with you.

We don't currently have one, she escaped at the start of October =P Currently I'm filling in until they hire a replacement =/

Ah then remind him that YOU are HR at least! But you may still be able to request a 3rd party.

Thanks for the advice =)
    I'm trying to stay positive today. Listened to my morning mindset podcasts, got my core workout in despite really wanting to sleep in, and trying to pluck up the courage to invest in personal training cert. Even if I don't go for that as a job, it can't hurt for me to widen my own knowledge base.

My parents always said that no education is wasted.
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options

I'd agree except I've discovered over the years that unless I regularly use the knowledge I lose it, and would have to re-train in order to get a job in the field it was for. Hence why I'm leaning towards something I will likely learn in my everyday life.
  • VeryKatie
    Options

I'd agree except I've discovered over the years that unless I regularly use the knowledge I lose it, and would have to re-train in order to get a job in the field it was for. Hence why I'm leaning towards something I will likely learn in my everyday life.

Haha yeah. It may not be wasted (if you make a point not to forget) but it sure can cost a lot...
  • VeryKatie
    Options

Haha yeah. It may not be wasted (if you make a point not to forget) but it sure can cost a lot...

How did it go?
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options

How did it go?

It hasn't yet. I had a lot to get through this morning so didn't want to rock the boat by bringing it up. We've been getting along fairly well. I have another 30 mins of work before I go home, not sure if I should bring it up, or email him what I think would help, or just leave it be.

I have an interview on Wednesday for one of the things I applied for (job listing was scant on details so not sure if I want it) that gives me hope I can leave here at least.
  • 1chesc
    1chesc Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience at a previous job, it left feeling physically and mentally drained. The working environment was very hostile and i would feel sick with the thought of going in to work.

I took a pay cut and started working as a receptionist for a non profit organisation. I have worked in few different roles for the organisation and currently I am a PA to one of the directors. I have found this role to be rewarding and interesting.

I didn't have a plan for career, I just wanted to enjoy my work and work with good people. Working in administration has allowed to me to get a taste of the different roles and responsibilities in my organisation and this helped me to gain a better understanding of what I would like to do. I am currently working towards gaining experience in project management and I hope to move into a project management role with the next 12-18 months.