Bring IT! Part III: Team No Excuses in March

Options

Replies

• mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement team. I'll be honest. I did 30 minutes of cardio, burned 250 calories, and then stopped. Now, 30 minutes and 250 calories isn't a complete failure, but I have been expecting to burn around 600 calories per day at minimum, so I was slightly disappointed with myself for not being able to get my mind where it needed to be for the workout.

That being said, I am coming up on 3 weeks without a rest day, so I think I needed to step back and give myself a little break to avoid overtraining. Perhaps that's why I am feeling pretty tired today even though I am sure I got sufficient sleep. This might sound like an excuse....:laugh:

Also, my weight hasn't decreased very much (maybe 6 lbs since 2/11) and I was hoping for more. However, I am shrinking everywhere, and my hips, butt, and thighs are clearly going down, because my goal jeans are fitting, just barely too tight (no muffin top hanging over!).

I'll be back to check in later!

M
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    Good job everyone:bigsmile:
    Mya- All I can say is Wow! That is dedication right there. I know it may not seem like it to you, but that is amazing. I am very encouraged by that post about your workout. Thanks :smile: And I'm with you for the 15 minutes extra during today's workout.

M- Atleast you did work out yesterday, even if it was light. =] Maybe having one full rest day would be good? Then you can start the next day recharged and ready to go!!

I'm munching down on my usual for breakfast Oatmeal with raisins and flax meal. =]
    Then Round One with the elliptical. I'm trying to do atleast 4 rounds today, but I'm going to visit hubby at work, so that may not happen. =]
    Good start to the day everyone.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I wish I could stay home and work out 4 times... :noway:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    maybe shoot for 2 workouts 1 in morning and 1 in eve
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    So 75min more for me ..that includes my extra 15minutes..Im watching a 2 and 4 yr old Gah ..HELP! Im not sure how I got through my kickbox and BL workout..I think they were laughing at me..haha...Im sure they will be marching away to the walk away the pounds next...:laugh: .......wtg apple on the 4 workouts!!....How was the run Jess?
  • meisje
    meisje Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    it's good to see someone else knowing when they need to take a rest day! i certainly need one today as travel and lack of sleep finally caught up with me in the form of annoying cold. boo.
    my food was healthy all day and i am just about to start cooking dinner of chicken, brown rice and veg. i have to bike and walk to get to school so i am counting those as 30 minutes each (i race walk when i'm late!) but that is it for me today. well, maybe some light yoga later to get me ready for bed. for now i am off to eat and study!
    happy almost weekend everyone!
  • happenstance82
    Options
    Hello, everyone!

M-hopefully you're not beating yourself up about yesterday. You, my friend, are shooting for the moon...so even when you miss...you know how that saying goes!

It sounds like everyone is doing great today! Sweetapple and meisje with your healthy(and yummy) meals...mya with your usual cardio(and watching kids-that's a workout in itself!)
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    :laugh: It's my way of staying busy.
  • mgullette
    Options
    Nah, I don't beat myself up over 30 minutes of working out instead of 60+. It happens. I will be bringing it tonight, and I hope I'm not dragging *ss again. Don't know what the deal is, but I'm sure I'll be back in full force.

Bring IT!

M
  • osmium
    osmium Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    M - I think you need to listen to your body, and your body was asking for a wee break to rebuild. You'll be back stronger than ever!

Myastyme - Woo 50lbs! Impressive. Can't say I will ever be exercising in the middle of the night though - that's dedication I just don't have!

My scales are finally trending down again after a weeks hovering so I am feeling better. I'm off to do my Week 5 day 1 run of Couch 2 5K today. I will hopefully get that done midday-ish today. I'm going to have a challenging weekend food-wise. It's my birthday today and my lovely husband is taking me out for a special dinner tomorrow night.

I am having trouble keeping up with all your posts, you are such a chatty bunch!
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I would really like to join you. I just gave birth to my second child a month ago. I gained lots of weight while I was pregnant. The day I delivered weighted 215 now I'm 186. My short term goal is to be down to 175 by may and my long term goal is 130. I don't always have lots of time to workout so I like to do smaller amounts of exsercise more often during the day. As for food I like to try different healthy recipes and I don't eat things that are advertised for weightloss. I beleive they are full chemicals. I'm looking forward to share my experiences with all of you.

Emilie
  • happenstance82
    Options
    What I ate for lunch today:

1cup wholegrain pasta
    w/ tomatoes, onion, artichoke hearts, mushroom, sauteed using olive oil(we don't like jarred "sauce" on our pasta, so we make our own out of those ingredients)

4oz tilapia fillet
    seasoned w/ dillweed and lemon
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    welcome to the bunch mammakisses....
    Hey all well one more day here and Im going back home so far I have resisted temptation my sister was drinking so I was gonna have one drink BUT i took a sip and decided against it and it went down the drain lol....instead i opted for a plate of fruit for dinner...raisins,apple,tomato ..was good and light....for lunch i had asparagus,tomato,1 slice of cheese and 2 slices of deli turkey...for breakfast I had my raisin nut bran and an apple....I was gonna have a bowl of chex mix but instead opted for 5 pieces..may seem extreme but i really am learning to taste things and see if they are even worth it....we went for a 45min walk outside as well in addition to my workout....seems like everyone is doing good....I will check back in tomorrow before I pack to go home:drinker:
  • happenstance82
    Options
    Mya...awesome job resisting temptation!
  • mgullette
    Options
    WTG Mya! Funny how those things that used to taste so good don't taste as good these days...your body loves healthy foods!

I'm back kids. I'll admit it, today I was feeling tired and feeling like I wasn't going to get in a good workout. I don't know what just kicked me in the butt, but I've got my energy back and I'm ready to go! It's such a mental game...

Off to kick out the frustrations and welcome Friday!

M
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    i totally agree Michelle its mental some days Im totally pooped and yawn through my whole workout but today I cant get enough..Im actually considering getting 30minutes in before I settle in for bed...Gawd what an addict...but I really cant justify slouching around in the eve..I like to do a little cardio because I have found my new LOVE for dancing.....its kinda like my own little dance club at home...i think im gonna just go with the flow my body wants to be active after being locked down for years..plus Im on a mission to get out of the 200's.....:drinker: ..wheres my fruity sista Sassie!.in regards to food i think what i used to do is pour me a bowl of what i THOUGHT i wanted and not take into account the calories etc ....now i taste everything and decide if i want more or not ...usually it allows me time to think before filling my stomach with things i dont need......easily said bottomless pit becoming a picky eater lol
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    Two Rounds with the elliptical down. Two more to go:noway: My body is starting to get tired, but I have to do this. I want this. Thanks Mya for setting the extra 15 minute challenge today! :flowerforyou:
    Menu
    I had Shiratake noodle soup for lunch. Just, noodles, shredded chicken and sweet corn with Mrs. Dash.
    Calories: 203

Snack: Special K Crackers ( Italian and Herb )
    Blue Diamond Almonds and SunMaid Raisins
    Calories: 310
    I had to have a quick boost of energy, and I was out of salad.

For dinner I plan to have Homemade Chilaquiles Casserole
    Calories: 243

oops, Mammakisses weclome! :bigsmile:
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Extra rough day at work today. Got home and absolutely KILLED IT on Kenpo X today. Did extra reps and totally brought it. Then, just because I was feeling extra fired up (read: pissed off:angry::laugh: ) I did a bonus round of Ab Ripper X-- just because I could. Worked all my frustration off from the day and now I feel fantastic!
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Extra rough day at work today. Got home and absolutely KILLED IT on Kenpo X today. Did extra reps and totally brought it. Then, just because I was feeling extra fired up (read: pissed off:angry::laugh: ) I did a bonus round of Ab Ripper X-- just because I could. Worked all my frustration off from the day and now I feel fantastic!
    I totally am inspired by all of you who do the kenpo..i cant wait until im at that level...
  • mgullette
    Options

Nice River! I just killed Core Synergistics because I too had a bit of a trying day. I wish I could do Ab RipperX twice...I struggle just to get through it once! I always work out so hard when I'm pissed off. Maybe I should get pissed off more often? :tongue: