Loose Skin: 50lbs loss at 60+, 4+ years maintenance

Replies

• sl1200mkII
    sl1200mkII Posts: 4 Member
    Massive courage and congrats on the cut and even more for keeping it off! Could you help with some advice on two questions?

With your skin type, do you know if the loose skin would have been there if the weight loss was slower (spread out over another year or two?

Do you know how much loose skin there would have been if you lost 30 rather than 50 pounds?

Thank you for your bravery!
  • Berniebutt773
    Berniebutt773 Posts: 28 Member
    Well done keeping up your maintenance and thanks for sharing.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,404 Member
    edited September 2020
    I think you look great!
  • Thank you @AnnPT77.. very inspiring!
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 526 Member
    Every time I come over the forums, I see something you've posted and I am always inspired! I'm 69 myself, I've lost over 60 pounds, but regained 15-20 since the pandemic. But my point is that at no time did I look as good as you do! In my book, you are awesomeness incarnate! Fantastic story, great photos, and you look fantastic! Some day I hope to do as well!
  • StephanieStC
    StephanieStC Posts: 59 Member
    I agree with 00markw: Your posts are an inspiration, AnnP! And you look great:smile:

Thank you also for your honesty. It's really reassuring to know that, while it takes some time, most of the loose skin regains its shape. As you said, still better than being obese for so many reasons!
  • healthysmrs
    healthysmrs Posts: 32 Member
    Thank you for sharing.. it helps @AnnPT77!!
  • tinaslim
    tinaslim Posts: 48 Member
    WOW....Just WOW! I can't even thank you enough for your insightful "share"! You are so kind to post your pictures as well because that really shows something. Fabulous job on your weight loss and thank you for inspiring all of us!❤
  • mssoniamyers
    mssoniamyers Posts: 1 Member
    I am 55 years old, and have lost 32kg from 115kg to now 83kg. I will be very happy to end up like you.
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Thank you for posting. I am on a journey to lose twice what you have lost. Your hard earned loose skin seems to be a beautiful reminder of your commitment to good health. Your profile pic is a goal of mine - fabulous. I'm turning 50 in February...and I say bring on the loose skin. You are very kind to walk with us through your journey a bit.
  • sjlsjll
    sjlsjll Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks for posting! Your story is helpful in general but also specifically since it is similar to what mine is (or will be since I still have weight to lose). I am 62, a vegetarian, starting weight was 183 and am down to 160 at a height of 5'3". The weight loss was very slow (18 months now), but I have been watching (and worrying) about the loose skin. I decided it was something I would have to live with to be at a healthy weight. The photos were super helpful.

Just a few days ago I decided to do a 21 day weight loss challenge to kick start the rest of the weight loss. I tend to plateau or in other words really "stick" at a weight, then lose some and then "stick" again at the lower weight. Your post has alleviated some of my remaining worries about the loose skin. Thanks!
  • jenshaines
    jenshaines Posts: 1,165 Member
    Thank you so much for this! I'm 62 and have lost 70 lbs. since joining MFP a number of years ago, and 92 lbs. since highest weight. Much of me looks like the photos you posted. When I get closer to goal (still have 36 lbs. to go to "healthy BMI" I will post something similar. We need to be CLEAR about our bodies, our health and we don't have to fit anyone else's image. I've always been about health rather than what magazine life might consider "beauty" for my worth. Again, my thanks!
  • Cthomasbydesign
    Cthomasbydesign Posts: 14 Member
    Thank you for sharing. I think you look great. I just turned 48 and I have lost 40lbs. this year but have a ton to go. I was worried about loose skin but your post helped me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!