Recommendations for ankle weights

Options
Hi peeps, I am planning to wear ankle weights and vest weights in daily life to improve strength. Any body did anything similar? How has been the experience? Anyone with recommendation for buying them?
Thanks for your time and advice
-P.

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    When you say your goal is to improve strength...what will be the measurement to determine improved strength?
  • PremGandhi
    PremGandhi Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    When you say your goal is to improve strength...what will be the measurement to determine improved strength?

I am not 100%sure but I think effect of lifting x amount of pounds for 15 minutes can be simulated by having lesser weight for 8-10 hours a day. I do go to gym regularly and do some strength training but currently I am stuck in the 50-70 pound range.i want to improve a bit quicker. My measurement of improved strength would be increased weight lifting capacity. I thought of this because I have a friend who used to wear weights to improve his jump in basketball.
    Any advice is very welcome and appreciated.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    You don't need to post the same question in different subforums because many of ppl vidit multiple subforums.

You already have A LOT of responses (including mine) in the Fitness Forum that give you all the "advice" thst you need on the topic.

Cross posting is just redundant and uses unnecessary bandwith.
  • PremGandhi
    PremGandhi Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    You don't need to post the same question in different subforums because many of ppl vidit multiple subforums.

You already have A LOT of responses (including mine) in the Fitness Forum that give you all the "advice" thst you need on the topic.

Cross posting is just redundant and uses unnecessary bandwith.

I know. I had done this by mistake and realized the next day. I don't know how to remove the post.