What are your thoughts on natural bodybuilding?

13»

Replies

• AndyEyemouth
    AndyEyemouth Posts: 6 Member
    Far too many people think they know what they are on about here but actually have zero idea. People genuinely believe dorian Yates, Ronnie Coleman and Jay cutler did less work to win olympia? And yet they are potentially the highest working athletes with or without peds.

No issues with natural bodybuilding but anyone with any knowledge know once you gir your biological limit you need an extra source of T to grow, so essentially all the athletes did was work there *kitten* off to get there( for many of us we will never get there) then work even harder while on peds to make it effective
  • Daisy_Girl2019
    Daisy_Girl2019 Posts: 209 Member
    I thought Steve Reeve was the epitome of body building during his era. I don't know if his on any steriods or supplements, but his physique was so intense.
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    @Daisy_Girl2019
    I agree, Steve Reeves was a genetic freak
    I think if he did take any drugs it was nothing like what is taken now.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    I’m sorry, but it IS less work. That’s why people take them. To get the results with less effort. As to experience, my husband used to be on them and I made him stop because of health reasons. Yes, he still worked out A LOT, but he built muscle at a rate that wasn’t possible without steroids. He worked hard, but he has to work HARDER without the steroids.

Also, I’m entitled to an opinion where yes, I think anyone using them IS NOT working as hard as someone who isn’t taking a short cut.
  • QEberhardt
    QEberhardt Posts: 10 Member
    Natural bodybuilding is like natural sports: it's boring. Modern day physical sports wouldn't be nearly as entertaining without steroids and people need to get over that it's somehow cheating. It makes people perform better which means it's more entertaining. If anything I wish it was normalized so the health of the athletes could be more closely monitored. They are going to use regardless of whether it's allowed so it's better to keep them as safe as possible with this in mind. It's naive to think the majority of athletes at a world class level aren't using some kind of PED. Whether that's steroids or blood doping or any number of other things athletes use to gain a competitive advantage. It's such a joke how many people are using steroids and straight up lying to the general public becaus they have to. It sets completely unrealistic expectations about what can be achieved naturally for the vast majority of people the longer we just pretend it isn't happening
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    I think there is a big difference in taking steroids in a commercially viable sport such as professional football to build size and strength as well as shorten recuperation time and a novice who wants to body-build to develop muscles and symmetry and also wants to be healthy. That was the nature of the question. I do think to project an image of size and strength and then die prematurely due to bad health is sad.
  • QEberhardt
    QEberhardt Posts: 10 Member
    I dunno I don't really care if people take steroids as long as they are old enough to understand the risk. And as far as the health dangers go it really depends on what you use, how much you use, and what, if any, pre existing medical conditions you have. Now obviously there is even more nuance when you start talking about the effects of nutrition on our overall health in conjunction with steroids. At the end of the day plenty of bodybuilders that blasted tons of gear live to their 60s 70s and 80s while obesity and it's related illnesses take the lives of people much younger than this constantly. If you want to go on a health people mission let's start with the obesity epidemic and then maybe change the conversation to casual steroid users