Just Give Me 10 Days ~ Round 132

Replies

• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,745 Member
    @deepwoodslady I understand how all of these things can affect you. You know what you need to do and I have to admit, when I saw your restaurants are closing, I thought that is an excellent time to get a handle on what you are eating. I don’t keep junk food in the house because no one needs it. If DH buys something, he puts it out of my sight. And during lockdown I did all of the cooking so we ate what I made. You can do this and get to your more healthy self!❤️❤️
  • kalchthaleri
    kalchthaleri Posts: 231 Member
    So I have a question...I also posted this in the Motivation and Support section...but I have been having success here...my moods not so dependent on the scale...but does anyone get weighed less frequently?
    Does that help or hurt?
    Here is what I posted.

So here is my deal. January 1, 2014 I was 338lbs. Slowly I lost the weight...WW for the first 80lbs. and then this for the rest. My goal was 128lbs. I got to that. But then my goal was 125lbs. Got to that. Then my goal was 122lbs. You can see where this is headed. Got down to 115lbs. and was losing my hair, fingernails brittle, exercising 3 hours a day, eating 800 calories a day. So I got some help. I gained some back. Today I am 134.5 (49 years old, 5ft. 4in.) I limit myself to 3.5 mile run daily, morning aerobics for 20 minutes, bed time routine for 10min. I want to get down to 125 again. BUT I DON’T want the scale to control my mood. I am having good success in the Just Give Me 10 Days thread on MFP but I wonder...I weigh in every day...should I try scaling that back? Weigh in on the 1st and 15th of the month maybe? Does anyone else feel like they are a prisoner of the scale?
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,745 Member
    edited November 2020
    @kalchthaleri Try weighing less often and see if it works for you. Since I figured out my body’s pattern of taking 2-3 days to reflect the outcome of my eating, I don’t stress over the number but I am a daily weigher and have been for decades.