Hello Everyone! I have a goal to lose 60lbs.

Options
Hey Guys! My name is Emmanuel. I am totally new to this forum but I have been doing myfitnesspal for almost 2 months now.
My goal is to lose 60lbs in 6 months. I am 6ft 3 and my starting weight was 250lbs. I have surprisingly dropped 21lbs and I now have 39 to go. My ultimate goal is to get to 190lbs. Using this fitness tracker has really helped me to be aware of my health. I really feel motivated and energized. I thank you all for your support in the coming months as I try to achieve my mission. Take care for now and I will keep you all posted on my progress. I am currently on day 47 and I am down 21lbs. I will be updating every friday.

Replies

• gallantria
    gallantria Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You've got this and keep going!
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Don’t get discouraged if you lose less than 10 lbs a month. As you lose, you will need to re-evaluate as that won’t be realistic anymore (the less you have to lose, the slower the rate of loss).
  • XLNC1981
    XLNC1981 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race... it’s a life change as well as a challenge! Good luck
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • Manny4eva
    Manny4eva Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone. I am sharing my weekly progress. Last week I weighed in at 229lbs. Today I am 224lbs I have lost 5lbs this week. I am so excited. I have been doing MFP for 2 months now and I have lost a total of 26lbs. I still have 34lbs left to lose and I will share my results with you all next Friday. THANKS SO MUCH for all your support. I am a Runner. So I run about 50miles a week. The only difference is that now I am starting to eat a little bit more healthier and wow I can really feel the difference. I am so motivated.
  • LGS_RFS
    LGS_RFS Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss. Keep it up and you’ll hit your goals!
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    As you get closer to goal, I encourage you to focus less on the scale and more on how you are feeling. You're doing amazing, but as others have said, the rate of loss often slows pretty quickly as you get closer to the end... But you may also find that as you get to the weight you picked, you're happier with how you feel as you go.

Keep kicking butt! You're killing it!
  • ShaunW1992
    ShaunW1992 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You already look pretty slim we have the same starting weight let’s do this!
  • Manny4eva
    Options
    Hello Everyone. So for this week Friday weigh-in, I lost 1 pound. I am down to 223lbs. Now that Thanksgiving is over (my cheat day😋), I can now focus again on eating healthier. Thanks guys. I know that this is a lifestyle and not a race but I am just trying to make it fun and see how far I can go. I am so happy because this weekend I ran a half marathon and I had a PR of 1:47. This is the fastest I have ever ran in my life. This is more motivation for me to keep going. 33lbs left to go. See you all next Friday
  • Manny4eva
    Options
    So Guys I really want to be as candid as possible. I really did not have a good week. I was thinking about just not posting until I get back on track but I realized I am not holding myself accountable by doing this. I just got tired of exercising and counting calories this week and I enjoyed myself. I averaged about 5000 calories each day for 5 days straight. My appetite started to decrease by Thursday and I felt the motivation to workout again. I gained 3 pounds this week. I am up to 226lbs. Next week Friday I have a 5 day vacation to Puerto Rico. I will do my best to get down to 220lb by Friday. My birthday is the following week, then Christmas, then New Years. This is really going to be tough guys. Pray for me. I need all the help and advice. I can see myself already gaining everything back.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    You didn’t gain 3 lbs of fat this week; at least some of that is water weight.

And don’t wait for the motivation to work out. Even when I don’t feel like working out (as long as my body doesn’t need a rest day) I workout anyway and 10 min into my workout I feel great.

You can do this. We all have off days and off weeks, but as long as you don’t give up, you’ll get there.
  • ShefSCE
    ShefSCE Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You don't look like you have 60lbs to lose!
  • Manny4eva
    Options
    It's been almost 3 years and life has gotten real for me. I stopped posting in December 2020 after I had a doctors visit and I found out that I have T2 Diabetes. Really me!!!! That was my thought. I run and play tennis all the time. How can this be me? But the results showed that my A1c was at 14.1, which was dangerously high. I ended up falling into a deep depression that lasted over 2years. I stopped exercising and I started to make bad choices. I shot all the way up to 280lbs. My wake up sign was when I landed in the emergency room. I had a blood sugar of over 400. In the past year I have learned to cope with my condition. I am not the same as before. I have nerve damage on my toes due to neuropathy( diabetes related condition). I am eating better and I exercise moderately. My A1c is now at a better state 7.1. I have gone down to 244lbs. My goal is still 190lbs, but I'm taking my time with it. I see my endocrinologist in 2 months so I'll try to drop maybe 10lbs before that visit. I will be giving my progress every Saturday moving forward. It feels good to finally be back here. My mindset has changed. This is no longer a challenge for me . This is a lifestyle change.