Weird things that happen to your body as you age.

Just_Mel_
Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
I may regret posting this topic, but I really have no shame, so... :D
So I recently discovered not just grey, but snow frickin white hairs. There. Down there. :#
Why did no one tell me this happens as you get older?!?!
I turned 40 and everything just went crazy!

Is there anything else I need to know about???
This is obviously a humorous post, but for real, what else changes with age?

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    This should be entertaining/enlightening since I'm only 35, but have had grey hairs since I was 28. :neutral:

I hear that more "age spots", moles and varicose veins show up as you age. Any validity to this?
    Also, excess body hair in places you don't want it is a thing, apparently. More of these hairs appear as you get older. :neutral:
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    My parents both have pigment changes or discoloration/spots, especially on the skin of their hands. I know this is also my fate.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,039 Member
    You guys ever find a solitary 2 inch hair growing out of your back?

Yup and my ears - and my eyebrows be like bushes - gots to have my barber run the clippers move them when I get my hair cut 😂
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    Just wait.... you're in for a treat... menopause is yet to come.

When I was younger all the older women in the office used to say that, "Just wait..." and I've turned into one of them. Take everything you thought you knew about your body and turn it upside down, that's menopause.

I miss being able to sleep. I miss being able to relax. I miss my vocabulary, which suddenly deserts me in the middle of a sentence.

But I already can't do two of those things, does that mean I'll end up with the reverse? :lol: I probably won't be that lucky.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Y'all are making me laugh but it's all true...
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    So I recently discovered not just grey, but snow frickin white hairs. There. Down there. :#

@Just_Mel_

Have a Field Day.

gillette-razor_grande.jpg?v=1489781551

• Ikeeptrying2
    Ikeeptrying2 Posts: 156 Member
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    ....Is there anything else I need to know about???

Yes.. They change again in your 50's. Lol.... For real....