What should I do from this point?

Options
2»

Replies

• shirazum2023
    shirazum2023 Posts: 54 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @springlering62 @AnnPT77 Hey guys, I hope you are doing splendid. It has been around 9 to 10 days and I wanted to update you. Despite eating 1876 (median of the last 7 days) calories, I have lost more than 1.5 lbs (0.7 kilos to be exact) in the last week. Making it a total of 5 lbs (2.3 kilos) in the last 19 days. (Doesn't add the math, so much of deficit, how?)
    I am very small. 58.5/59 inches, 149/150 cm, and now 98.5 lbs. According to various TDEE calculators, my intake should be around 1290-1380 calories. Assuming I am working out 5 days a week, walking 10000 intentional steps on rest days and maybe my neat is slightly higher since I have pets and I fidget, do you think I should increase 100-200 calories more? Extra oil, cheese or maybe peanut butter sandwich?

Also funny thing, I have abs for the first time in life. Upper abs. :# But I look like a stick figure now :D
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    @springlering62 @AnnPT77 Hey guys, I hope you are doing splendid. It has been around 9 to 10 days and I wanted to update you. Despite eating 1876 (median of the last 7 days) calories, I have lost more than 1.5 lbs (0.7 kilos to be exact) in the last week. Making it a total of 5 lbs (2.3 kilos) in the last 19 days. (Doesn't add the math, so much of deficit, how?)
    I am very small. 58.5/59 inches, 149/150 cm, and now 98.5 lbs. According to various TDEE calculators, my intake should be around 1290-1380 calories. Assuming I am working out 5 days a week, walking 10000 intentional steps on rest days and maybe my neat is slightly higher since I have pets and I fidget, do you think I should increase 100-200 calories more? Extra oil, cheese or maybe peanut butter sandwich?

Also funny thing, I have abs for the first time in life. Upper abs. :# But I look like a stick figure now :D

It's really too short a period to be certain, but 5 pounds in 19 days implies a 921 calorie daily deficit. (5 pounds X roughly 3500 calories per pound, divided by 19 days = 921.)

Given the totality of your goals and situation, I'd suggest increasing your calories *at least* 200 calories more, and 500 more daily probably wouldn't be unreasonable.

Yes, add calorie dense, easy to eat (not excessively filling) but nutritious things would be good. Nuts, nut butters, full fat versions of anything lowfat/nonfat you're eating now (yogurt, cheese, whatever), seeds, avocados, that sort of thing. If you can add them without feeling over-full, whole grains, starchy vegetables, sweet/caloric fruits. Beyond that, oils (olive oil, nut oils, etc.), richer sauces or dressings/condiments, etc.

Please keep your treatment team apprised that you're losing weight pretty fast, and take any advice they have about that.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

if you keep losing you need to add calories. I agree with Ann, I would add 500 per day and stick to it for a few weeks making sure there was no further decrease. You may see an increase in weight a day or two after increasing, but the immediate increase is just water weight due to extra glycogen stores and increased food in your system. Even if you were at maintenance (which you aren't) adding an extra 500 calories would only be a gain of 1lb a week.