Beyond Love?

Options
chuckle_bunny
chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
Do you think there is anything beyond love? And what would that feel like?

Feeling love is the highest of highs, but to go beyond it would really be something else.

Replies

• scratchmyTwitch
    scratchmyTwitch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Maybe drugs?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Do you think there is anything beyond love? And what would that feel like?

Feeling love is the highest of highs, but to go beyond it would really be something else.

Beyond Love?

Like driving thru the suburbs of Toledo ?

wait.

no.

Akron.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can truly love someone until you have been together for some time and been through the ups and downs of life together and realised that you don't know how you would have coped without each other during those times.

Romantic love is wonderful and exiting but true love is the rock you can cling to when you are drowning.

Then....ive never experienced...I wanna know this tho
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can truly love someone until you have been together for some time and been through the ups and downs of life together and realised that you don't know how you would have coped without each other during those times.

Romantic love is wonderful and exiting but true love is the rock you can cling to when you are drowning.

To continue that thought...when I was drowning...I had to pull myself to safety...im not opposed to real love
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    what else is there after that but marriage I guess

and imho marriage felt like dying slow

Do tell. Can you expound on what you mean by "dying slow"?

Also, per the thread, I would think that true transcendent thought might be "beyond love", but that's pretty hard to achieve and even if you achieve it, I'm not sure many would understand nor comprehend that it actually happened to them.

Like attaining Nirvana, only in thought.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    I feel like there's a test on Maslow's hierarchy of needs and I need to cram for the test. Transcendence. Is transcendence the answer?! 😵
  • scratchmyTwitch
    Options

Also, per the thread, I would think that true transcendent thought might be "beyond love", but that's pretty hard to achieve and even if you achieve it, I'm not sure many would understand nor comprehend that it actually happened to them.

Because I got married and then found out I was the worst sort of person who should've ever gotten married. And every day until it ended was another death.

"Beyond love" doesn't mean much to me either I guess.

The only thing beyond loving someone is dying for them. and honestly that's probably pretty easy if you're not scared of it.

Living for someone is the hard part I think.

💯
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

Because I got married and then found out I was the worst sort of person who should've ever gotten married. And every day until it ended was another death.

The only thing beyond loving someone is dying for them. and honestly that's probably pretty easy if you're not scared of it.

I feel like that every day though. :grimace:

Problem is, I can't tell if it's genuinely true or just my extremely low self-esteem talking.

Wouldn't dying for someone be seen as the ultimate display of love though? Like a parent dying for their child to save them, etc.? I mean, that is a form of love, but I'm not sure if the OP is distinguishing between types of love or if we're just lumping all forms under the same umbrella. I'm just not sure if that goes "beyond" love as it is the ultimate expression of love for a lot of people.

Also, how can I live for someone else when I can barely function and live for myself? :grimace:
  • scratchmyTwitch
    Options

Problem is, I can't tell if it's genuinely true or just my extremely low self-esteem talking.

Wouldn't dying for someone be seen as the ultimate display of love though? Like a parent dying for their child to save them, etc.? I mean, that is a form of love, but I'm not sure if the OP is distinguishing between types of love or if we're just lumping all forms under the same umbrella. I'm just not sure if that goes "beyond" love as it is the ultimate expression of love for a lot of people.

Also, how can I live for someone else when I can barely function and live for myself? :grimace:

You’re not asking me, but for me it’s difficult. I do it, but it’s hard.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

Nah, asking anyone who has an answer honestly. :)
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options

Mother of F--- you said something there my man. I've never heard someone speak what was in my mind.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

that's why it's the hard part
  • scratchmyTwitch
    Options

Nah, asking anyone who has an answer honestly. :)

It’s not dying exactly, but it’s kind of like laying down my life every day and trying to do it cheerfully, willingly, and healthfully. It is so hard. And my biggest motivation for getting my *kitten* together. I’m talking about kids here. I have no idea what a healthy “normal“ relationship with another adult is like, let alone one that is beyond love.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    JessBbody wrote: »
    There is the concept of a Twin Flame.

This is a romantic love - your soul's companion - which goes beyond a soulmate, of which there can be many, romantic or otherwise. Friends, family, and people that you date can be soulmates or part of your karmic tribe.

A Twin Flame is a lover, a counterpart, that you continue to meet in many guises across different lifetimes. This is the person who will push your soul's evolution the most. With this person you could experience transcendent love.

Of course, you're not guaranteed to meet this person in any one lifetime. If you do, it can be a blessing or a curse, because he/she can give you all the feelings of sublime, karmic, romantic love - state of ecstasy - or tear your ego-self apart.

This is what I know about Twin Flames. Do I believe in this hippy *kitten*?

Maybe.

But I so far I haven't met even met a guy I would trust with my keys, let alone my soul.

The twin flame is a concept narcissistic lovers employ to trick vulnerable people into relationships, btw.

I don't believe in this concept myself, but it's cool if others do. I'd just say be careful because again, it is used by people who are narcissistic to beleaguer and disarm their potential victims. :grimace: