Down 130lbs...and counting

2»

Replies

• Sailor555
    Sailor555 Posts: 45 Member
    That's just the motivation I needed today. Thanks and congrats!
  • Miz_Owl
    Miz_Owl Posts: 3,026 Member
    Congratulations!
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited December 2020
    biengardo1 wrote: »
    Wow, you have done incredibly! I wish I could do KETO - too taxing on my liver. I had some issues and a liver lab test showed high liver enzymes. They figured form KETO. I'm back on trying to keep at lower carb and at almost 59 years, hoping this works. Menopause has wreaked havoc on my metabolism for sure! You look beautiful!!

I really sympathise with the menopause issue. I am 57, and I also thought low carb might help me. It turns out that for me it was definitely not the way forward. I have lost 30lbs since May, but wasn't feeling all that well on it (very low energy levels) until I upped my carbs (and fibre) and cut my fat to get myself consistently within the recommended levels. That may not work for you; you need to experiment. Just don't assume (as I had) that low carb is the best/only way.

Good luck!
  • Mdonnelly62
    Mdonnelly62 Posts: 6 Member
    Amazing results for a lot of HARD work -- Way to go!
  • IAMFFL
    IAMFFL Posts: 58 Member
    Wow! Amazing work and truly inspirational. You should consider being a PT or coach.
  • Butterfly_Ninja3
    Butterfly_Ninja3 Posts: 32 Member
    You look AMAZING!!! ((Getting tired of hearing that yet? lol)) Congratulations on your loss!!!
  • cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    Fantastic results and fantastic dedication! This post is an inspiration for sure!
  • Hagensieker
    Hagensieker Posts: 25 Member
    Wow! Thanks for sharing. Don't know you but I'm proud of you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!