Options
13»

Replies

• scratchmyTwitch
    scratchmyTwitch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    dreamed about a girl i used to know.
    we haven't/hadn't spoken in years and ended up randomly reconnecting. i think we met at the grocery store again but can't remember that part for sure.
    she lived in this weird half house/half boat thing at the edge of a bay somewhere, and it was kinda falling apart. so we became friends again and i started working on the place for her, trying to fix it up all nice.
    we eventually slept together.
    then she became distant again.
    there was a time skip and then i found out she was actually engaged. her man eventually came back home from wherever he was at and was pretty furious and ended up beating her. then he challenged me to finish repairing the house/boat thing; like we each took a room and whoever finished it first was gonna be the guy who ended up with her.
    i started working on the doorway to the room i was given, like i remember i was going to take the door off the hinges to plane it down or something because it was crooked and wouldn't shut properly. then the screwdriver i was holding broke in half and i woke up.

I’m sure you know that’s loaded with symbols. An ex, another man, a boat, a door, competition for a prize.

But since you said something similar on here recently so I’m not saying anything you’re not aware of, I’ll just say that you thought you didn’t have the tools to do the job properly.

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I took a ride to a seaside town in a convertible with a man. The ocean was huge and filled my vision. We got in the water and he told me how to float. He said I should do it with my eyes closed. So I did. With my eyes closed I floated on my back and felt a swell left me high and then lower me gently back down. After the wave passed I opened my eyes to tell my man but he was gone. I spent the rest of the dream looking for him

You're worried about money

You're so insightful. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    I have recurring dreams where my teeth all fall out.

I have these, too 😣 they're terrible

Yes, please analyze this one. I've had it many times. Or my teeth just all loosen up and I try to push them back in.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    we haven't/hadn't spoken in years and ended up randomly reconnecting. i think we met at the grocery store again but can't remember that part for sure.
    she lived in this weird half house/half boat thing at the edge of a bay somewhere, and it was kinda falling apart. so we became friends again and i started working on the place for her, trying to fix it up all nice.
    there was a time skip and then i found out she was actually engaged. her man eventually came back home from wherever he was at and was pretty furious and ended up beating her. then he challenged me to finish repairing the house/boat thing; like we each took a room and whoever finished it first was gonna be the guy who ended up with her.
    i started working on the doorway to the room i was given, like i remember i was going to take the door off the hinges to plane it down or something because it was crooked and wouldn't shut properly. then the screwdriver i was holding broke in half and i woke up.

The breaking screwdriver means the sex was bad. :#

Orrr...that the attempt to rekindle things with her was useless.

I’m sure you know that’s loaded with symbols. An ex, another man, a boat, a door, competition for a prize.

But since you said something similar on here recently so I’m not saying anything you’re not aware of, I’ll just say that you thought you didn’t have the tools to do the job properly.

well IRL nothing ever happened between us. we both wanted to, but things were different back then so it didn't. then we just kinda drifted apart. i do still think of her from time to time, but its more like "hey i hope she's doing good and is happy out there" but that's it.

i sat down this past weekend and was sorting through a bunch of my tools though and planning on taking more of them to my dads, cause they're not stuff i really need often anymore, specifically more of the carpentry stuff, so i figure that had something to do with it.

but thinking of the girl was relatively out of left field so i'm guessing she wasn't actually the focus of the dream.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    I dreamed I was walking down a long dimly lit hallway. The floor was polished brick and the ceiling was a series of skylights over which the northern lights were playing. The wall on one side was male genitalia. The wall on the other was female genitalia. Not sculpture, but live, moving in various states and types. At the end of the hallways was a shrouded figure silhouetted against a blazing white light, beckoning me. I could hear my breathing and heartbeat and in the distance was The Kinks playing “You Really Got Me”.

The closer I got, the faster I walked, the further away the figure got and the closer the walls got and the louder the music.

I started to run, the floor dropped away and I was falling and woke up.

MFP'll do this to a person.
  • scratchmyTwitch
    scratchmyTwitch Posts: 218 Member
    Options

well IRL nothing ever happened between us. we both wanted to, but things were different back then so it didn't. then we just kinda drifted apart. i do still think of her from time to time, but its more like "hey i hope she's doing good and is happy out there" but that's it.

i sat down this past weekend and was sorting through a bunch of my tools though and planning on taking more of them to my dads, cause they're not stuff i really need often anymore, specifically more of the carpentry stuff, so i figure that had something to do with it.

but thinking of the girl was relatively out of left field so i'm guessing she wasn't actually the focus of the dream.
    No, I’m right.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    I dreamed I was walking down a long dimly lit hallway. The floor was polished brick and the ceiling was a series of skylights over which the northern lights were playing. The wall on one side was male genitalia. The wall on the other was female genitalia. Not sculpture, but live, moving in various states and types. At the end of the hallways was a shrouded figure silhouetted against a blazing white light, beckoning me. I could hear my breathing and heartbeat and in the distance was The Kinks playing “You Really Got Me”.

The closer I got, the faster I walked, the further away the figure got and the closer the walls got and the louder the music.

I started to run, the floor dropped away and I was falling and woke up.

Well, what with the closing in of the genital walls, I just need to know if this is considered a nightmare or dream. Also, are the genitals clean? Also (insert many more unnecessary - but aren't they - questions about private parts here)...
  • Sophisticatted_Gentlemanz
    Options
    This thread has enlightened me to how many people secretly want to have babies
  • iMago
    Options

tbh i really did read her dream that way, but now i also really do kinda hope this becomes the standard response for years to come whenever anybody starts a dream thread.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    There has been 4 dreams in my entire life that have made an impact on me. These are the 4 dreams...

1. When I was younger I used to live in LA and we lived in this apartment building. It had a creepy feel to it and I used to hate it when my parents made us play outside. There was an elevator that was at the end of the hall and throughout my teen years I had this reoccurring dream surrounding that elevator. Most of it involved me getting in and getting trapped.
    2. Second dream involved a man I was in love with. In my dream, I was walking past his house and I saw him with someone else. He looked happy and he was holding a baby. In my dream I felt the devastation of seeing a life that was supposed to be mine but I wasn't part of it.
    3. Third dream involved me and a man. I was in the kitcken of his moms house for the holidays and we were cooking together. We were laughing and being silly.... that dream has made the most impact because I felt a happiness I haven't felt before. I saw myself in my dream...I was glowing. I was happy. I woke up and I cried.
    4. Most recent dream was from last night. In my dream I was going to my aunts house to say goodbye to my uncle who passed away. In my dream I pulled up to the condo and I can see everyone in the living room mourning. I get off and I see him outside. He hugs me and I was left confused because he was the one that had passed away.

My uncle recently died of complications from covid. I didn't get the chance to attend his service. I felt like he came into my dream last night and gave me a change to say goodbye.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I have lots of recurrent dreams - prob posted before

Also am a lucid dreamer, know I'm dreaming and can control - prob already told you guys that!

(I'm a bore that way!)

Last weekend I had a doozy - was lucid, but 'paralyzed' - nightmares - kept telling myself to 'get up, turn on the lights' but couldn't physically do it. If I opened my eyes I saw 'things' in the closet, when I closed my eyes and saw my thoughts/dreams I was fearful feeling. When the sun turned on I felt ok, it 'freed' me (and I'm not a morning person) but was glad it was morning.

...anyways, one segment of my paralyzed dream was there was another room in my apartment (that isn't there) and there was a vent hole in the floor that was huge, like 2x2 feet, and I looked down the vent and there were 3 cougars (mountain lions) like ~2 floors down with bits of insulation all over them (like house insulation, fiberglass) and they were eating a raccoon or squirrel??
    They looked up at me, and I thought "Eww, yikes, but whatever - cougars can't climb a vertical metal vent, I'm safe"
    ...but they did
    ...and then we talked - I spoke with the cougars, it went well - they didn't eat me!

that was the dawn, the turning point of a night of nightmares - which I don't often have, b/c I can control my dreams usually - but this one I physically couldn't get up even tho I kept telling myself to, and knew it was a dream.

I checked my temp to see if I had a fever when I could move in the morning, when the 'light' (sun) came out...I didn't
  • iMago
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Also am a lucid dreamer, know I'm dreaming and can control - prob already told you guys that!

(I'm a bore that way!)

Last weekend I had a doozy - was lucid, but 'paralyzed' - nightmares - kept telling myself to 'get up, turn on the lights' but couldn't physically do it. If I opened my eyes I saw 'things' in the closet, when I closed my eyes and saw my thoughts/dreams I was fearful feeling. When the sun turned on I felt ok, it 'freed' me (and I'm not a morning person) but was glad it was morning.

...anyways, one segment of my paralyzed dream was there was another room in my apartment (that isn't there) and there was a vent hole in the floor that was huge, like 2x2 feet, and I looked down the vent and there were 3 cougars (mountain lions) like ~2 floors down with bits of insulation all over them (like house insulation, fiberglass) and they were eating a raccoon or squirrel??
    They looked up at me, and I thought "Eww, yikes, but whatever - cougars can't climb a vertical metal vent, I'm safe"
    ...but they did
    ...and then we talked - I spoke with the cougars, it went well - they didn't eat me!

that was the dawn, the turning point of a night of nightmares - which I don't often have, b/c I can control my dreams usually - but this one I physically couldn't get up even tho I kept telling myself to, and knew it was a dream.

I checked my temp to see if I had a fever when I could move in the morning, when the 'light' (sun) came out...I didn't

It was you wanting to come to terms with your anxiety
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

this post screams: " I Want a Baby !"
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

(I'm a bore that way!)

...but they did

It was you wanting to come to terms with your anxiety

100% - that makes sense! Weird tho that I'm usually in 'control' in my dreams but wasn't for this one - you're so right tho - I'm trying so hard to fight that beast, that anxiety/panic whatever the clinical term is for my episodes - and I can win!

Thank-you!! For pointing it out!
    thank-you!!!

Glad I shared - makes sense to hear it from another (a) perspective

been so uncertain feeling about my posting lately - keep feeling bad and stressed after, so been shutting up (as best I can)

Have to let my "in my head build up" anxiety go too

I'm gonna make a plant holder! - bought the (not recommended string)
    ..super random thought I thought I should share
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Maybe you feel inadequate in some way.. much like the broken screwdriver.?

I noticed years ago when going through a pretty tough emotional time that my dreams often had dark clouds rolling in and I would wake with a feeling of foreboding.. like bad things coming.
    When it was all eventually behind me the sky in my dreams changed to blue sky and sun. I pay attention to it now.. its almost a sign of how I'm doing emotionally.