Welcome to the new Community design. We know there are some big changes to get used to as well some challenges and bugs. Please check out our post about New Updates To The Community as well as Outstanding Bugs. We will continue to collect feedback and bug issues and will work to make improvements.

What was your final push to get serious?

Replies

• I have lost track of my goals so many times I lost count. I have always been overweight and started 2020 by exercising more and attempting to get on track. Then the lock down started and I was working from home sitting at my kitchen table... Not a good combination. I know what I need to do but still struggle to get on track everyday.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 61 Member
    Katerr1kk wrote: »
    I noticed that friends around me, of a similar age (so early 40s) were starting to have health problems earlier this year. I realised that I could be next and really it was down to me to make a change. Who knows how much time we have. It was really a bit of a wake up call.

I'd made excuses for years but no more. Even if I do have health problems in the future I'm sure that being 40lb+ lighter won't be a bad thing, even if it doesn't directly help.

Plus I am a figure skater, and being lighter obviously helps with that.

Figure skaters are awesome and tough! My daughter skated for years and I was so impressed by her discipline. You go girl!