Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What are you doing RIGHT NOW???

Replies

• happimess01happimess01 Member Posts: 7,825 Member Member Posts: 7,825 Member
    Getting ready to do some precooking for the week ahead. I'm planning an Indian feast with lamb biryani and chicken tikka, saag paneer, beef samosas, onion pakora, garlic naan and kheer for dessert next week. I can't go out for my birthday, so I'll make it myself at home.

kheer is the same as rice pudding, right? Or is there a difference?

It is, to my knowledge. I tend to use kheer to mean I'm going to flavor with rosewater and cashew nuts instead of the more typical cinnamon and raisins.

Cool, sounds delicious
  • Liftsalotat5Liftsalotat5 Member, Premium Posts: 21 Member Member, Premium Posts: 21 Member
    Cutting firewood
  • YoshiboobsYoshiboobs Member Posts: 1,090 Member Member Posts: 1,090 Member
    Making a happy song playlist thanks to @Yoshiboobs et al.

It’s that time of year to spread joy and cheer 😁
  • Sophisticatted_GentlemanzSophisticatted_Gentlemanz Member Posts: 423 Member Member Posts: 423 Member
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    Avoiding writing bad poems in this melatonin haze

That is the best time actually

So normally I'd agree with you but I'm trying to make myself better so Santa doesn't overlook me this year, I've got all the coal I need
  • scratchmyTwitchscratchmyTwitch Member Posts: 218 Member Member Posts: 218 Member
    Making a happy song playlist thanks to @Yoshiboobs et al.

It’s that time of year to spread joy and cheer 😁
    I appreciate that ❤️
  • lx1xlx1x Member Posts: 37,187 Member Member Posts: 37,187 Member
    Eating lunch
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 10,343 Member Member Posts: 10,343 Member
    Amusing the kitten with the moving arrow on the screen.
  • LynNiteLynNite Member Posts: 65 Member Member Posts: 65 Member
    Taking a project management certification exam... oof
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 265,878 Member Member Posts: 265,878 Member
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Member Posts: 2,447 Member Member Posts: 2,447 Member
    Digesting a Tex-Mex wrap of homemade Mexican rice and homemade taco beef, with pico de gallo, and waiting for the kettle to boil for more hot tea.
  • taglazar1taglazar1 Member Posts: 276 Member Member Posts: 276 Member
    Still fING working!!! Gahhhhh
  • Sophisticatted_GentlemanzSophisticatted_Gentlemanz Member Posts: 423 Member Member Posts: 423 Member
    Listening to this Gojira song while I wait for Joe Bob's Christmas Special to start

• honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 15,688 Member Member, Premium Posts: 15,688 Member
    Fighting the urge to “rest my eyes”. 😴
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Member Posts: 2,447 Member Member Posts: 2,447 Member
    Caramelizing onions.
    Listening to the endless crying of the stray cat I let in my house. He's turned up on my doorstep multiple times and it's cold outside. He's upset because we gave him a flea bath and he's secluded to the bathroom.
    When he's not in the bathroom and we have our other cats put up in thier own room, he's super happy and affectionate. We took him to see if he was microchipped, he's not. He's in tact still so he'll be upset about getting fixed. 😾
    I'm sitting here wondering if I should take on a fourth cat. I could take him to the pound but I imagine they're overwhelmed with animals at this point in time. My mom would probably take him but my brother has dumped animals on her all the time and I only want her to have him if she really wants him and not out of guilt.
    Then there's the option of getting him fixed and vaccinated and trying to find him a home myself. My big dream is to run a rescue one day and that's only going to work if I don't personally adopt every cat. 😅
    ...🤔 He is very beautiful though....😅😅😅. ....must...resist.....becoming.....an actual....crazy cat lady...

You have a fourth cat.
  • SharsouSharsou Member Posts: 7,867 Member Member Posts: 7,867 Member
    Watching movie!
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 10,343 Member Member Posts: 10,343 Member
    Fighting the urge to fall asleep due to insomnia I've had for three weeks. Sad thing is, once bed time comes around, either my brain will activate and not allow me to sleep or my husband will snore and keep me up or the cats will decide bed time is the perfect time to practice making thunder noises between our room and the computer room.

I just can't win.
  • SharsouSharsou Member Posts: 7,867 Member Member Posts: 7,867 Member
    Fighting the urge to fall asleep due to insomnia I've had for three weeks. Sad thing is, once bed time comes around, either my brain will activate and not allow me to sleep or my husband will snore and keep me up or the cats will decide bed time is the perfect time to practice making thunder noises between our room and the computer room.

I just can't win.

Then you should sleep whenever u can.. it will help you to relax!
    Sharsou wrote: »

I just can't win.

Then you should sleep whenever u can.. it will help you to relax!

If I sleep whenever I can, it messes up my actual sleep schedule more. IE. I'd be awake at 2AM because I "napped" for 5 hours earlier.

Sometimes I catch an hour nap, but most of the time, no.