What is a typical pant size for a woman whose 145 lb?

Options
Hello,

Am trying to get some general jeans/pants size for woman around 145 pound. I am 5' 3.5 inches and my goal weight is 145. I am curious to get some ideas of possible pants sizes. I realize that everyone is built differently, but just wanted to get a general idea to see if my goal is relistic.

Thanks in advance :))

Replies

• meggersd
    Options
    I am 5'4" and I wear anywhere from an 8 to 12. It depends on where you are shopping also I am very bummy and hippy
  • TorridCutie
    Options
    As you said, everyone is different. I am 5'4" and carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs. When I was 145 lbs, I was wearing size 8/10 jeans. Dress pants were definitely a size 10.

Hope this helps.
  • misslouisee
    misslouisee Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Someone showed me this website awhile ago, it's really helpful for getting an idea of shape and sizes

http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html

Just input your height and goal weight and people will have uploaded their pics and info for you to view.
  • ChrisWag
    Options
    I am 5'2" and at 145 I was an 8.
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Ugg I wish there was such a thing! I think the last time I weighed that I was between a 10 & 12. (I'm 5'5") But I also have big hips! :)
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and weigh 145 wear size 8 and some size 6.
  • pariskelly
    pariskelly Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10", and I wear a size 12 (I weigh 145).
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'4 and was wearing a size 11,12 at 145
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5.5" and currently 145. In inches, I wear size 30 (Only wear Silver jeans) but my shorts & skirts range anywhere from a 5 to a 11. I would guess that 7/8. So I'm guess you will be a 9/10 or 11/12 depending on how you are shaped.
  • ashesoh1234
    ashesoh1234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5". Back in the day when I was really fit, at 145 lbs I wore a size 6. Between 135-140 I wore a size 4 and even some size 2s. I couldn't ever get below 135. So, my weight wasn't super low, but I was pretty small. Right now, at about 180, I wear a 12.
  • aim2lose
    aim2lose Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Certainly your goal is realistic. Get to the weight that feels good to you as an individual!

Size depends on your build and the cut of the pants. I know people who weigh more than me, are about the same height but they wear pants 3 sizes smaller than me. I carry the majority of my weight in hips and thighs.
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I wore size 10 pants at 145 lbs. I carry most of my weight in my butt and thighs, so my pants size is always the slowest to drop as I lose.
  • saydee3
    saydee3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in an 8, but can fit anywhere from a 6 up to a 12 depending on where the pants come from. I *try* not to pay attention to the size of pants because they fluctuate so wildly even at the same store (though I can get overly upset or excited by the size sometimes). I have a pair of BR shorts that are a 12 but the BR dress pants I wear all the time to work are an 8.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Well, everyone carries their weight differently - so it won't be exactly the same for everyone.

I am 5'4" and I am currently 143-145lbs (was 144.5 today). Most of my pants are 8's or 10's. I can wear a 10 from anywhere - Macy's to Wal Mart. I find that some of the cheaper pants are cut too narrow in the hip area when it comes to an 8, so I have to buy a 10 and wear a belt (because they are too big in the waist). I can wear a 6 in Levi's jeans - but they are tight and I don't like how they look on me.

I would say for MOST women - 145lbs = 8/10 in pants.

Oh. I should mention that I can NOT wear Junior's pants comfortably -- too much hip.

I've found that I actually like wearing men's pants better - they seem to fit me better than woman's pants do. I currently wear a size 30 in men's.
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and weigh 154...so I'm getting there... I am currently in a 9/10. Most of my dress pants are 8's.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I wore a size 9 at that weight. I am 5'11
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Good question, but I am not sure you are going to get a standard answer. My sister in law and I weigh about 4 pounds different. She wears an 8/10, I wear a 12/14. Store sizes are soo crazy. I joke that I have an Oprah closet. Ever see that episode where she got rid of a TON of clothes and she had every size there was?
  • dlovesjimma
    dlovesjimma Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am at 148, 5'6" and wear an 8.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5.5" and weigh 143.5 lbs now. Size 8. My 10's are very loose and require a belt as do some of my 8's! Slim hips and butt too!!!
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    When I was 145, I was in a 6. I'm 5'3'' and quite muscular.

(I'm just under 160 and in 8's a bit tight and 10's a bit loose right now)