Can a bisexual man be a good husband

So I good friend of mine has been married for a little less than a year and found out her husband is bisexual and now wants to end the marriage. I’m not sure how I think about this. Her husband really loves her and has stated he is and has been faithful. I feel for both of them. They are a beautiful couple and seemed so happy so I’m bummed.

Replies

• Drex_617
    Drex_617 Posts: 153 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    I read this, and left the thread but seconds later, I'm back because - to be blunt - I hate this thread's title. I find it inflammatory, offensive and downright icky even when posed as a question.

My discomfort being made clear (and not the first time in a post you've started), I hope you are able to navigate your friendship and be there compassionately for your friend while also considering the language used in conjunction with communities you may not belong to or immediately understand.

❤️👍🏼❤️❤️❤️
  • MaltedTea wrote: »
    I read this, and left the thread but seconds later, I'm back because - to be blunt - I hate this thread's title. I find it inflammatory, offensive and downright icky even when posed as a question.

My discomfort being made clear (and not the first time in a post you've started), I hope you are able to navigate your friendship and be there compassionately for your friend while also considering the language used in conjunction with communities you may not belong to or immediately understand.

This 100%. Of course a bisexual or any person can be a good spouse. 🤦‍♀️

What is concerning is not being open and upfront from the beginning.

That’s the answer
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    As much as a bisexual dog can be a good dog.

They’re all good dogs Brent!

(Anyones sexual orientation has nothing to do with their ability to be a good partner. Agreed that the wording of this thread is problematic).
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    +1 for poor title choice. Agree with everyone here.

It's sad that he didn't tell her before they tied the knot, but if he hasn't been unfaithful, and isn't asking for permission to be now, then really what does it matter? Is it really worth ending a marriage?

I guess it all depends on what she is taking issue with and why.
  • tmantwo
    tmantwo Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited December 2020
    Honesty, truthfulness, and integrity. Where is it anymore?

v Mkay. Just asking. The question would never have been asked if there was...
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited December 2020
    @GymGoddessGoals Smart, super smart woman. <3
This discussion has been closed.