Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @GymGoddessGoals Smart, super smart woman. <3

;)

qpytqxgzc0md.gif
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    If he deliberately hid the fact that he’s bisexual, yeah, I can understand why someone would want to leave- and I don’t think it’s wrong for wanting to leave.

Does one have to come out and flat out say they’re bisexual, I don’t know.

But as you’re getting to know someone, their experiences, exes, life stories, who they’re attracted to celebrity- wise or whatever) I’m sure one would get the hint either way—-So if he purposely left things out to make it seem like hes one way when he’s not, that’s not fair.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    He wasn’t honest with her in the beginning. That’s a huge lie of omission and I would want to leave too.

So by that same line of thought, everyone who has not explicitly said to their partner of another gender: "I date men exclusively" or "I have only dated women" has lied by omission?

Now I'm just honestly curious as to the expectations and experience of these conversations

ETA: I press here because the realities of men and women who are in LGBTQA+ communities can be fraught with discrimination, heteronormative "standards" and other issues that can put them at a disadvantage or even danger. Furthermore, to be specific to this convo, the lived experiences of a bisexual man and that of a bisexual woman can be vastly different too.

Just wanted to say I appreciate your well worded and extremely caring opinions. You’re doing an excellent job of saying what I’m thinking.

I’d also like to add that we are always changing as people. I’m not the same person I was at the beginning of the year and won’t be the same person at the end of next year. People grow and change, part of a relationship is growing together and learning who you are becoming together (not to say that anyone should remain in abusive relationship to wait for the abuser to “grow out of it” or some BS like that) so maybe her husband hadn’t fully realized his bisexuality yet. That’s okay!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Does one have to come out and flat out say they’re bisexual, I don’t know.

I feel that anything that might reasonably constitute a dealbreaker or an issue in a committed longterm relationship should be disclosed. Apparently this guy did flat out say that he is bisexual so whether he just figured it out recently or whether he already knew and deliberately concealed the information until after the I dos would be a big factor.

Sexuality is not the issue for me but honesty is. You'd be surprised at what people can hide successfully. Long ago I knew a woman who managed to conceal a full-blown cocaine addiction from her fiance. Is it up to the partner to come up with a fulsome list of potential dealbreakers and check them off before agreeing to marriage? Not my style but maybe some people are that thorough.

"Good husband" for me has nothing to do with sexuality, however, It probably has a lot more to do with not leaving the toilet seat up.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    He wasn’t honest with her in the beginning. That’s a huge lie of omission and I would want to leave too.

So by that same line of thought, everyone who has not explicitly said to their partner of another gender: "I date men exclusively" or "I have only dated women" has lied by omission?

Now I'm just honestly curious as to the expectations and experience of these conversations

ETA: I press here because the realities of men and women who are in LGBTQA+ communities can be fraught with discrimination, heteronormative "standards" and other issues that can put them at a disadvantage or even danger. Furthermore, to be specific to this convo, the lived experiences of a bisexual man and that of a bisexual woman can be vastly different too.

Just wanted to say I appreciate your well worded and extremely caring opinions. You’re doing an excellent job of saying what I’m thinking.

I’d also like to add that we are always changing as people. I’m not the same person I was at the beginning of the year and won’t be the same person at the end of next year. People grow and change, part of a relationship is growing together and learning who you are becoming together (not to say that anyone should remain in abusive relationship to wait for the abuser to “grow out of it” or some BS like that) so maybe her husband hadn’t fully realized his bisexuality yet. That’s okay!
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    I have slept with hundreds of women. That is not a very attractive trait for a lot of women looking for a partner.....so i never would bring that up. If she asked i would be honest about it. But who i was and who i am while different, mold who I am currently. People get so hung up on what is not said that they lose focus on what is said. If he was married he sId he was bisexual and he didnt want to give up dating men, well that may be a deal breaker. If after he got married all he wanted was to love his wife and no other, than really, bisexuality does not even come into play. Just like if i fell in love and only wanted to be with my wife, my past behavior......as long as Im disease free.....has no bearing on anything.

While I'm not THE voice of allyship, I am a voice. So are you @fstrickl, @Revolu7 @CacoEther and everyone else who can see both sides of this relationship and talk about grey zones the scenario, as problematically presented, can surface.

Personally, I can SJW this scenario for days because there's yet to be anything said that justifies the thread's title/wording. It is beyond irksome but I suppose there's a thread for that.

[And @iMago, I hate you for this mesmerizing meme 😂]
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »

I’m 38 years old and still not 100% decided on how i prefer my coffee. Sometimes i like it hot, sometimes iced. Depends which way the wind’s blowin

So that’s to say nothing of my inability to figure out something as complex as my sexuality. It’s a hard thing to put a label on. I prefer men mostly but some women make my heart race and my palms sweaty. I’m drawn to women with stereotypically masculine features and to men with stereotypically feminine features in addition to so-called masculine men and feminine women. I don’t know what the heck i like so how can not saying it be a lie of omission?
    Also I hate that omission has one m and commission has two

maybe u could throw off the shackles of conventional spelling standards and quit trying define yourself by these arcane grammar rules and then who cares about labels kwim?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

I’m 38 years old and still not 100% decided on how i prefer my coffee. Sometimes i like it hot, sometimes iced. Depends which way the wind’s blowin

So that’s to say nothing of my inability to figure out something as complex as my sexuality. It’s a hard thing to put a label on. I prefer men mostly but some women make my heart race and my palms sweaty. I’m drawn to women with stereotypically masculine features and to men with stereotypically feminine features in addition to so-called masculine men and feminine women. I don’t know what the heck i like so how can not saying it be a lie of omission?

maybe u could throw off the shackles of conventional spelling standards and quit trying define yourself by these arcane grammar rules and then who cares about labels kwim?

I personalliey hate konventional speling.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options

Why are you so dreamy
This discussion has been closed.