ladies over 40 in Peri Menopause

Options
2»

Replies

• infowoman
    infowoman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can relate I don't have a cycle and being overweight makes your body hold on to estrogen more I'm starting to have the flashes 46 1/2 years young and sex drive is up. Taking progesterone which makes you want to sleep eat and #$%k ..so I exercise just to calm myself down. Add me as friend so we can help each other and look up Jade Teta he's a doctor that knows how a woman's body Works and eat and exercise for your hormone type. Program is called metabolic renewal of you've heard of it.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I *think* I am in peri-meonpause at 44. The main symptom for me is that my PMS symptoms have gotten way worse, and so has my ovulation pain. I also was getting hot at night, which was not like me, until we got a cooling blanket. My periods are still pretty regular, though.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    infowoman wrote: »
    Can relate I don't have a cycle and being overweight makes your body hold on to estrogen more I'm starting to have the flashes 46 1/2 years young and sex drive is up. Taking progesterone which makes you want to sleep eat and #$%k ..so I exercise just to calm myself down. Add me as friend so we can help each other and look up Jade Teta he's a doctor that knows how a woman's body Works and eat and exercise for your hormone type. Program is called metabolic renewal of you've heard of it.

I would stop taking progesterone. It gave my mother breast cancer which is verified by the professor that looked after her. Only take it if you really need to.

I'm past Peri but get a bit of the odd hot/cold thing. I managed without taking anything.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    infowoman wrote: »

I take Prometrium, which is a bio-identical progesterone, and I don't have any bad side effects. In fact, I think it helps me sleep better - I take it at bedtime.
  • StepWise123
    StepWise123 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I hope you don't mind me chiming in. I'm 70 now and experienced perimenopause when I was about 49-50. I was terrified of going through menopause. I'd break out in an embarrassing red-faced sweat during business meetings. Here's what seemed to help me a lot at the time: I drank soy milk once every day. Soy has some estrogen-like effects. I exercised 5 days a week and lifted weights. I took evening primrose oil once a day. All this really seemed to help. But, if I had to do it over again, I would have gone the bioidentical hormone replacement route. I was too stubborn back then. The growing waistline and other health issues start piling up without the protective benefit of estrogen. Good luck everyone.
  • DeniseSalsera
    DeniseSalsera Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I hope you don't mind me chiming in. I'm 70 now and experienced perimenopause when I was about 49-50....

Thank you for the insight. Lots to think about. What about your libido? That's what bothers me the most.