Seriously?!?

Options
Long story short: obese, 5'4, started on a 1400 calories diet (counted strictly) 8 days ago. Light exercise 45 minutes per day (swimm, walking, light weight lifting) and not eating those calories back, sleeping well, etc. So, doing everything I should be doing. Background: binge eating, overeating.
Weight 8 days ago:232. Weight today.....232!
Wtf!

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Long story short: obese, 5'4, started on a 1400 calories diet (counted strictly) 8 days ago. Light exercise 45 minutes per day (swimm, walking, light weight lifting) and not eating those calories back, sleeping well, etc. So, doing everything I should be doing. Background: binge eating, overeating.
    Weight 8 days ago:232. Weight today.....232!
    Wtf!

That can be so frustrating. it is true that you may be framing up as stated above,

Are you using a food scale when logging your food. I learned a lot when I started using one.
  • LGreenfield7
    LGreenfield7 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Make sure you weight yourself at the same time every day. I wake up, go to the bathroom and hop right on the scale. One of the reasons you might not see a difference yet other then the short amount of time could be... when we make dramatic changes in our bodies they can retain all kids of crazy things. It is almost like a defense mechanism. Although you are ingesting 1400 cals, your body may think that it is at risk of running out of food and it will begin to hold onto everything it can. Give your body 14 days to adjust to the changes that you have made. Trust in the process. Good luck.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Even if MFP says that you will lose two pounds per week that is not necessarily true. You may lose less, you may lose two, or you may lose more. We all have differing responses to dieting and exercise. Don't worry, if you are consistent, you will see results eventually. When I first joined MFP, I lost weight very slowly. I would go a couple of weeks before any weight loss would show up. Whoosh! Then go a few more weeks with no weight loss. I found it helpful to take my measurements. Measure hips, waist, thighs, calves and arms. Bust if you're inclined. But if you wear a different bra, it may alter your numbers slightly. Bodies are funny. One month I lost evenly on all areas and the next monthI only lost off my thighs. Best wishes on your health journey.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first steps toward a healthier you. Getting started is half the effort. Keep going is the other half.
    Give it more time. This is a journey and a lifestyle change.
    You can do it!
  • AlexiaC47
    AlexiaC47 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    "Sometimes you owe the scale, sometimes the scale owes you" (my favorite WW line. Some weeks you "pig out" and lose. then behave and gain. it will net out how you want it. maybe not this week, but a few pounds all at once next.

My loss is down to about 2 a month- on average .5 a week. but not every week. I may be flat for 2 weeks, then up .5 then down 1.5... focus on the month, not the day or week
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Bodies are weird and wild and really actually very amazing. Everyone has given you great tips.

So I’m just hear to say 8 days of making healthier choices is amazing! Not everything is about the body weight. You’re a week into setting healthier habits and that’s amazing! Keep going, you’ve got this!