Anyone else have a Trader Joe’s problem?

2»

Replies

• laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Every time I go I wind up spending around $200. If I go on a weekday I dont have to wait in line outside, so I was thinking maybe of going tomorrow to see what they have, but I have to remember every time I go I come home with all the seasonal snacks because everything looks so good.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    Everyone's commenting on the price of their meat...I usually put ground beef and boneless chicken thighs on my Trader Joe's list, because it is cheaper there than at my regular grocery store. Some of the pre-marinated meats can get a bit pricey, but I still sometimes splurge on their carne asada for lazy tacos.

I think I set a personal record for spending there yesterday...but I was stocking up on wine and cookies.

*chin on fist, adoring eyes*

What kind of cookies?

Hehe. A box of European-Belgian chocolate cookies (because my Costco didn’t have them), and dark chocolate covered shortbread stars.

*cough* I ended up with 2 boxes of the European cookies and 2 of the mini butter cookies. Are the dark chocolate shortbread ones the same as the hearts during valentines?

I’m not sure...I’ve never tried them before, but they look good! Can’t go wrong with shortbread and dark chocolate!
    624k3jg569xh.jpeg
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Every time I go I wind up spending around $200. If I go on a weekday I dont have to wait in line outside, so I was thinking maybe of going tomorrow to see what they have, but I have to remember every time I go I come home with all the seasonal snacks because everything looks so good.

I have a feeling if you go tomorrow, you'll have to wait in line. Today, all the grocery stores around here were CRAZY. Glad I'm done shopping until after Christmas.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    Tis the season for Dark Chocolate Covered Peppermint Joe-Joe's!

https://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/5723

92915-dark-choc-peppermint-joe-joes.jpg

My sister gave me those for Christmas once and I think I ate most of the box on the drive home.

I'd go more often if it were closer. Great prices for nuts. Mom likes their olive oil and dried fruit.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    I go there for specific things... their frozen organic brown rice, mandarin orange chicken, salmon burgers, and frozen Indian meals are superior to any others I have tried.

So, I go to stock up on those and grab a few other things 1-2 times a month.
  • fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    Hehe. A box of European-Belgian chocolate cookies (because my Costco didn’t have them), and dark chocolate covered shortbread stars.

I have a box of those shortbread stars that I haven’t opened yet. Also have the mint stars unopened. If you have any strategies for not eating too many once opened, I’d love to hear it!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    I haven't shopped in TJ in almost a year, and I have one about 10 minutes from home. When COVID-19 started to rock the boat, the store and probably because it is not too big, started to line people out in order to provide save distance and keep inside occupancy to a minimum. I appreciate that, but don't like to wait in line for a long time, and since there are few special things that I usually buy there I decided to stay away. Besides, I have been using Instacart so I don't visit supermarkets.

When I shopped in TJ, I only bought some of their frozen specialties of seafood or vegetables. I don't do sweets and I only bought them for gifts, on occasion.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited December 2020
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    I haven't shopped in TJ in almost a year, and I have one about 10 minutes from home. When COVID-19 started to rock the boat, the store and probably because it is not too big, started to line people out in order to provide save distance and keep inside occupancy to a minimum. I appreciate that, but don't like to wait in line for a long time, and since there are few special things that I usually buy there I decided to stay away. Besides, I have been using Instacart so I don't visit supermarkets.

When I shopped in TJ, I only bought some of their frozen specialties of seafood or vegetables. I don't do sweets and I only bought them for gifts, on occasion.

I haven't been there since COVID either because the line is always out the door into the parking lot. I do miss my usual seasonal items though.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    edited December 2020
    I shop there almost daily There is a Trader Joes across from my work. I do not buy any seasonal items (except maple flavored coffee pods)and have eaten healthier and cleaner by going there. I get the organic leafy greens, broccoli, cauliflower microwave bags, baby avocado, Meyer lemons or organic lemons, unsweetened Almond Cashew Macadamia blend milk, Miso broth, Hearty Vegetable broth, organic Tofu, frozen organic spinach and frozen asparagus. I may get a mixed nut butter one day to try, have gotten their tahini and few other soups, vegetables, teas and coffee. They do have a 100 dark chocolate I thought about but have a few 100 organic dark chocolate single pieces from Wholefoods. I am vegan and may browse the vegan items but am also gluten free so much of it is a pass. They do have awesome fish and the canned smoked mackerel, sardines and canned salmon is good when I was pescatarian. The mackerel is one of my temptations..lol
  • DeeBrock3
    DeeBrock3 Posts: 1 Member
    Picked up their chick-less frozen chicken nuggets. Meant to share with my daughter who doesn't eat meat. They were so good, I ate the entire bag, two meals with riced cauliflower. <sigh> this requires another trip and buying more than one bag.