Anyone else waiting until after the holiday?

Options
Maybe it sounds like just another excuse but I've never been one to say start and make it immediate. I have to psyche myself for it, such as pick a day, stock the fridge, that sort of thing.
My low weight for 2020 was 132ish(can't remember exactly? :()but now I'm looking at losing at least 25#. :( Yes, it's been a he!!uva year for stress eating. I feel slobbish, slothful, old, unmotivated, lazy, all those depressing negative adjectives. So I'm picking Sunday to start once again with logging calories, working up to an exercise routine I can stick with. By then all the enticing foods will be gone and I can do my grocery shopping on Sunday, like I always do. Restock with healthy stuff. (Ashamed to tell you how many veggies I'm skimping on now)
So....that's where I'm at in this process. :( It makes me angry that I let it go so much this year but being not able to take it back I can only look forward and make changes.

Wishing all of you strength and good luck getting through the holidays, leaving you with continued and renewed motivation.

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Reenie - you can and will do this! 2020-- is a year that we ALL wish would just BE OVER---- Start when you are ready and don't feel ashamed or even angry with yourself-- I know i have to do some re-thinking and getting my mojo back as well
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @ninerbuff I soooo need your attitude!! :)
  • Jubee13
    Jubee13 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    OP, I’m exactly where you are. I was at such a good weight in the summer and have since gained back what I lost. I too need to prep and plan before getting “back on track”. Sunday is the day, and I’m truly looking forward to it!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Maybe they’re like me. No gifts, no kids visiting, so I’m taking a holiday and eating any darn thing I want thru Christmas. Some has been worth it, some not, and I’m already looking forward to getting back on the stick. My diary is a total and intentional cluster this week and I’m OK with that.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10815393/calories-of-bread-crust/p1
    Merry Christmas. :D:D:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsg3HW9z8Is

Do. Not. Pull. The. Billy. Bass. Card. On. Me.

My adult kids are obsessed with Billy Bass. My daughter in Germany even tracked one down over there to show her husband because he didn’t understand.

Now they send me YouTube’s of some engineer who has rigged his Billy Bass to lip sync and shake fins to anything he wants.

Some people have waaaaaay too much time on their hands.

BTW is it just me or does BB sound like Grandpa Simpson in that clip?
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I just decided to shift a few pounds a couple of days ago by tracking. I had a little grief/stress creep and it’s as good a time as any, but I’m not feeling festive and am not planning on the season being anything out of routine, which will certainly make the difference.