Surprising Christmas gift: goal weight!

Options
charmmeth
charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
This was such a surprise, but I weighed in at my goal weight of 75.0kg this morning. I have not been eating within my calorie goal for the last few days; nor have I been doing my usual exercise, but this morning that last pound is gone!

I know it is likely to be back, and I won't count myself as being properly in maintenance until my monthly average weight is below 75.5kg (it's currently 75.93kg for December), but ... RESULT!!! What a lovely and unexpected Christmas present.

Hope you are all having a peaceful Christmas, and wish you a good slide into the New Year (einen guten Rutsch as we say here in Germany).

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That’s wunderbar!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    wow what a xmas present, congrats!
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Also good job having a realistic attitude about it, however it's still wonderful you saw this weight on the scale finally. :)
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Don't detract from your hard work.....pick a range, work at the maintenance and good luck!!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,049 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! (Maybe Christmas celebration counts as "a refeed"?😉🤣)
  • charmmeth
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Congratulations! (Maybe Christmas celebration counts as "a refeed"?😉🤣)
    I guess it does, even if it was not planned that way. Hope yours has been good too.

• charmmeth
    Options
    Dootzy1 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! Don't detract from your hard work.....pick a range, work at the maintenance and good luck!!

I know I have worked at this! I was just so surprised as I was resigned to maintining or gaining a bit over Christmas and hitting goal in January. But my (initial) range is picked: 75kg +/2.5 kg. However, given that I have been in that range for most of the last two months, I think probably 75kg +/ 1.5kg is going to be better. I intend to maintain at that for a while and then think about dropping to 72kg +/- 1.5 or 2kg, over the spring and summer.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!