How neat are you?

Options
ReenieHJ
ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
I couldn't wait to get my tree out the door and now the living room looks clean again. I sense order and it pleases me. :)
Our bathroom should be mostly finished maybe tomorrow, Tuesday at the latest. And I can't wait because our spare room is cluttered with contractor crap and our year-round porch is cluttered with everything from our spare room. I'm biting at the bit to normalize that all as well. I sense chaos and destruction and it displeases me greatly. :)

The places people see have to stay clean and decluttered but do NOT open closet doors, kitchen cupboards or look in the basement.

So I'm not obsessed but I do crave order to a degree.

Replies

• The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I like things organized and in their place.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    pretty neat
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    dialed-in, for sure

• RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I like things to be neat and organized, but right now I'm happy if there are no dirty dishes on the counters, the bed gets made once a day and we have clean clothes. I run the vacuum and mop when I can and do a quick pick up a couple of times a day.

Luckily, I have really nice people in my life that come over every couple of weeks and pick up some of the slack for me.
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Neater than my partner, less neat than his mum. Living with both of them in the same house is... interesting. 😅
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    I need order but I seldom achieve it.

My toddler comes through like a little tornado but last night he shocked me by picking up his LEGO's and putting them back in the box. He dumped them back out all over the floor but at least now I know he will pick up, that he gets the concept.

Me...I have so many papers and notebooks, yet, my file cabinets with folders in them are pretty much empty. I seriously need to organize. I sabotage myself with a great start and then I don't finish.
    Clothes, I have been getting rid of so many of my clothes that I just won't wear anymore and my kids' clothes, too, but again this is another area I have to work on.
    Less is more... Lastly, photographs, I need to scrapbook and put them in albums. I have many, many empty scrapbooks and all the fun accessories to do it, yet, I have lost much motivation. I need to get it together. I'm sad, as I truly am my own worst enemy.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    I'm OCD about it. Anyone in my gym will attest I'll rerack weights so they are uniform before working out. Or else I'll stare at it the whole time. I do all the cleaning in the house too so being neat does matter to me alot.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    My house is a little cluttered. Mostly old mail and coffee mugs. Cats leave their toys everywhere
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    My house is a little cluttered. Mostly old mail and coffee mugs. Cats leave their toys everywhere

I dislike clutter and love living alone but cat toys left everywhere is completely acceptable. And adorable.
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »

I dislike clutter and love living alone but cat toys left everywhere is completely acceptable. And adorable.

Sometimes I think they killed a real mouse but it’s just their platypus or Christmas penguins 😝
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I'm neat - yes I needed a dictionary (not only for spelling "dictionary", but for understanding the difference b/t neat and tidy!)

uobbdenyzson.gif

(calling myself 'excellent' may be a bit of a stretch! Feeling good today, feelin good!)

*ETA, dang - I didn't even read the dictionary right - "pleasant" would have been a better descriptor

Also super tidy (imo means clean - but does it??!)

I'm clean, to a default ('cept that one junk drawer I'm 'saving' for a rainy day! 🤫)
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    @ReenieHJ I'm proud to announce that your post had me doing a complete inventory and a checklist of what must be done to be neater. I want to be organized in 2021! So today I started (again)!!! But this time I'm not giving up until it's as close to perfect as I can possibly get it. Thank you!!!
  • CaramonM
    CaramonM Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Functionally neat
  • nelsonbl222
    nelsonbl222 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Neater than my partner, less neat than his mum. Living with both of them in the same house is... interesting. 😅

What a predicament!😂
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Not very. I'm pretty tight about the kitchen for food prep sanitation reasons, but the rest of the house? Meh.

When I had neat freak roommates I could comply with their needs, but the spouse and I have similar levels of indifference.
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I am a bit of a neat freak and it makes me feel overwhelmed if there is clutter around 😬
  • taglazar1
    taglazar1 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    2 fingers and no cubes neet