Salad Receipe

Options
Mixed lettuce, 1 teaspoon red chili beans, 1 teaspoon northern beans, fat free mozerella cheese, 1 can of chicken, mix together, drizzle spicy mustard....yummy!

Replies

• AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    🙊

For lunch today I had a standard salad mix with 2tbs of salsa, 4oz grilled chicken chunks, and 2 tbs of sour cream.
    It was pretty good 👍
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I've never even heard of someone measuring beans by the teaspoon.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Perhaps it's meant to say tablespoon?

Even then, I wouldn't measure beans in "spoons" but at least you'd get more than 2 or 3 beans!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    i mean.... if you like it i guess that's all that matters

and a teaspoon of beans? why bother?

my lunch today was a chicken and bean burrito. 296 calories and it will actually keep me full until supper.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    I’m also confused by the beans, but more so by a can of chicken! What the heck?

We do have chicken in cans in the U.K. but only in a super creamy super calorific cream sauce. Is that what is intended here? 🤮
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I’m also confused by the beans, but more so by a can of chicken! What the heck?

We do have chicken in cans in the U.K. but only in a super creamy super calorific cream sauce. Is that what is intended here? 🤮

Canned chicken in quite common in the U.S., just like canned tuna. Typically just packed in water.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Like this, for reference. Nothing wrong with it, I use it to make chicken salad.
    aj1vbc2p21ew.jpeg
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I could inhale two beans!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    For lunch last week I prepped a week's worth of Greek-inspired salads in 16oz jars. You layer them with the dressing on the bottom (a delicious lemon-oregano vinaigrette), followed by the heavy stuff (in my case, chickpeas and sun-dried tomatoes, since fresh tomatoes don't keep well in the fridge), then the lighter stuff (diced cucumber and red onion), then the greens (spinach). Clocked in under 300 calories all told, tasty as heck, kept fine for five days in the fridge.

I think the next one I'm going to do will be raspberry vinaigrette, grilled chicken, mandarin orange slices, craisins, sunflower seeds, and spinach again for the greens.

you know I tried those mason jar salads years and years ago. i found they were a PITA to get OUT of the jar. maybe I was doing it wrong LOL

and I think your next salad will be my lunch tomorrow. I have all that stuff LOLOLOL
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I think the deal with mason jar salads is the easy of mixing everything up (or re-mixing) by shaking. I was thinking about trying them out for lunches back in February or March, but then covid became an issue before I got around to it, and since then I've been mostly at home during the day. For home, just using a big bowl seems easier, and I wouldn't prep salads to bring to work days in advance anyway, but the night before/morning of.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    senalay788 wrote: »
    For lunch last week I prepped a week's worth of Greek-inspired salads in 16oz jars. You layer them with the dressing on the bottom (a delicious lemon-oregano vinaigrette), followed by the heavy stuff (in my case, chickpeas and sun-dried tomatoes, since fresh tomatoes don't keep well in the fridge), then the lighter stuff (diced cucumber and red onion), then the greens (spinach). Clocked in under 300 calories all told, tasty as heck, kept fine for five days in the fridge.

I think the next one I'm going to do will be raspberry vinaigrette, grilled chicken, mandarin orange slices, craisins, sunflower seeds, and spinach again for the greens.

This belongs in the thread about trendy foods. Who ever came up with this idea must like making things very very difficult.

that was my opinion of it when I had tried it.

they were pretty in the fridge, though LOL

not that hard to package your dressing in a mini container and put that inside a larger container holding the rest of your salad. and much easier to eat ;)
  • lisa1225anne
    lisa1225anne Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    senalay788 wrote: »
    So you measure beans by spoons and chicken by the can? Interesting. Also, horrible.

• lisa1225anne
    Options
    It probaley doesn't sound good but actually it was good and tasty. I didnt want to use too much beans because they are high in carbs. The full can of chicken i used because of the high protein....it keeps you full longer.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    It probaley doesn't sound good but actually it was good and tasty. I didnt want to use too much beans because they are high in carbs. The full can of chicken i used because of the high protein....it keeps you full longer.

Hi Lisa,

So this is not a typo; you used a teaspoon each of beans?

"1 teaspoon red chili beans, 1 teaspoon northern beans"
  • lisa1225anne
    Options
    Just a little under 1 teaspoon of each bean but i had a large plate of lettuce. I ate half of the plate and later on ate the other half.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    That's like 1 bean... what the actual. :noway: